The mother of all tool chests!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen those bad boys in Lowes... They are pretty sweet... Stainless steel... Ball bearing drawers... Pioneer stereo... Mini fridge... Mechanics dreeeammm...

I couldn't find the price, or the order form.:D

I've seen those bad boys in Lowes... They are pretty sweet... Stainless steel... Ball bearing drawers... Pioneer stereo... Mini fridge... Mechanics dreeeammm...

Yep... Tripper Jr saw it at Lowes... Er... $1700! OUCH! Don't think Santa loves the old Tripper that much!!! :eek:

depreciation

I had a Muscle car Mopar special edition Snap-On top and bottom roll cab. Too big to move it without a rollback. Took a big loss when I sold it. Never again! I have an old Snap-On top & bottom with side cab - each piece can be moved (empty) by two people and fits in the back of my wagon. Much better. Best part is my top box was my late brother's.

440shorty

If $1700 seems high you better not look on the Snapon truck, that would get you a lunch box. I had the KR1000, KR1200 set in the early 90s and that was $6700 then. I had to move it full once and the Dealer's van lift couldn't lift it so we hacked it up sand chained it off. His front wheels almost came off the ground,lol.
Nowdays I have one of the early Harley sets, 1993 I think. Just right for nowdays but I also still have lots of other toolboxes.
I'd really like one of those 57 Chevy boxes Snap-on made in the early 90s, turqiose with Belair trim, georgous.

As my grandfather would say, a fool and his money soon parted... Screw that... I'd rather go buy the cheapest chest Craftsman makes and plaster it with stickers from new parts or tape off some killer flames and spray bomb em...

Toolboxes don't make you money... Tools do...

If you make your living with your tools and most of us only buy the best quality ones.You better have a quality box to store them in.I have owned quite a few of the off the truck boxes and still have two real big ones.But then again I have more money in tools than some peoples cars cost new.

But then again,I am the type of person that likes having the right tool for the job when I need it.

Like the old saying goes "You get what you paid for"

Hi, my name is Don and I'm a tool addict! :eek:

It seems like I have 2, 3,or even 4 of a lot of things. I still have the first tool my father gave me when I was about 6 years old. One place I worked at for 12 years was sold and then went bankrupt within 2 years. The original owner repo'd everything from the new owner and gave me most of the tools. When my father-in-law quit farming he gave me a bunch of his stuff including a 54 Studebaker pickup. When my father passed away I inherited all of his stuff.

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Don and I'm a tool addict! :eek:

It seems like I have 2, 3,or even 4 of a lot of things.

Nothing wrong with that... Those extras come in handy when you need to bench that wrench to get to a certain bolt... Then you stick it in the "special" tool drawer and may never use it again...

sturdy

Also keep in mind that the heavy Snap-On/Mac/Matco etc. boxes are sturdy enough so that you can pull two or three drawers out and not worry about it tipping over!

There is nothing worse than battling a certain fastener or part for lack of the proper tools!

Conversely, it is pure pleasure to do a job quickly and effortlessly with the right tools!

440shorty

I'd like to have a box like that. We have somehow, just kept adding tool boxes over the years. Some of them are cheapies. Now we can't find anything when we need it :D.

Latest posts

Back