Thinking about buyin a 29 Nash

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starquestjoe

In my searches for a hemi, I found a 1929 Nash 440 sedan. Guy had bought it for the running motor for his 29 Nash pickup. Now he is selling off the rest of the car. He has already sold the back section and rear fenders. I wanted to buy the whole car, but was too late calling. So now I'm lookin to buy at least the cowl. As it very close to my 29 Desoto. But I think I'm goin for the cowl front doors, b-pillars and grill shell.

What the problem is he won't give a price. And I don't know what I should offer. I'm new to body/parts so I don't want to offer way low. The parts I'm lookin at are very useable, with very little rust thru. I should have snapped a couple pics wall I was there. I really don't want to miss out on the parts but really don't need them. I just remember how long it took to find mine. Any help would be great, thanks

nash2.jpg

nash1.jpg

nash3.jpg

nash4.jpg

I'd offer him about a 1/3 of what you're willing to pay. I have no patience for people wanting me to put a price on what they are selling. He knows what he has and has a price in his head.

I'd offer him about a 1/3 of what you're willing to pay. I have no patience for people wanting me to put a price on what they are selling. He knows what he has and has a price in his head.

So true. I tell them I can't buy it and sell it. As a buyer if I have to put the price on it, it is going to be a real low one. Then if he still won't untrack offer him $100.

I hate people who do that. He already has a number in his head because he has already started selling parts off of it. It is not like he hasn't begun stripping and selling it off. I think what guys like this are doing is hoping you will offer more than they wanted in the first place.

Don

Latest posts

Back