Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first day at Back to the 50's started out wet. Dried off for 4-5 hours and started up again. Met a lot of friends and visited. Medical reports all around. Comes with age. Took a few pics of the weird. the unique, the
20240621_123957.jpg
20240621_125423.jpg
20240621_135940.jpg
rusty.

"Medical reports all around. Comes with age" Funny how the conversations tend to pertain to health the older we get even when we're surrounded by thousands of hotrods...???

Interesting rides. Sedan reminds me of model kits when I was a kid. Lil Coffin comes to mind. The original car was built in 1954. Here we are 70 years later, and similar cars are still at car shows.

BH, the '27 Hudson was very well built. Th light areas are wood grained and nice. The big block had Brodix heads and electronic stack injection. First class all the way.
I drove out and back on 15 year old bias front tires. Darting, weaving and shaking all the way. This morning I put some new American 5 spokes with new radial tires on the front. It made a world of difference. They didn't help with the scary incident I had though.
I was about 4 blocks from the fairgrounds following a line of cars down a slight hill when my brake pedal went to the floor. I was gaining on the '56 Chevy in front of me. I would do anything to keep from hitting him. I tried scrubbing the tires against the curb but it didn't help enough. Tried shoving it into Park. No dice. So I jumped the curb and went down the sidewalk about half a block I was slowing but not enough and there was an intersection ahead. I chose to run into a tree with my right front tire. That stopped the roadster. A quick review indicated no damage.. Had fun at the show. About 2:00 it started raining. So I hit the highway. Rain, road spray, cars darting in and out, what a ride!
Here's a few more pics. I had an Anglia Thames, so here's one. A Bantam with a 60 hp flathead. My old Chrysler Tub and a long rat.
20240622_134045.jpg
20240622_130303.jpg
20240622_133612.jpg
20240622_130952.jpg

Latest posts

Back