tired of GM's bashing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
has anyone else noticed the new ads out by General Motors?
it seems to me that they have picked up on "politicians tactics" with a huge effort to use a smear campaign against the imports to try to sell their own cars?:confused:

why can't they use honesty and integrity-(throw in a little humility)-and just admit they went "belly up" i hafta say the smear tactics aren't impressing me any!--guess i should also admit that i'm not in the market for a new vehicle (never have been, probably never will be able to afford one) but still yet it just seems so wrong to stoop to that level.....

if you produce a quality product and offer it at an affordable price, my belief (opinion) is that you will not have to slander the competition......

anyway-any thoughts? ..comments? .....

You do well to dislike such things preacher. In society, (sadly) if I can focus your attention on the splinter in my neighbors eye maybe you won't notice the rusty I-beam axle with the holes in it sticking out of my eye.

I thought it was just me who was turned off by those ads. Strange that a huge company doesn't understand one of the first rules of business........never speak badly about your competition. I think desperate times are breeding desperate measures. A local radio station I like a lot is turning me off because they are touting how much they are doing to support the community in these tough times and how they "couldn't find one other station that was doing anything." Cheap shots like the GM and radio station thing are usually not received well by the public.

Don

I agree with you fellas on those types of tactics but I have not seen the commercials. I say produce a good product that people want to purchase, ask a reasonable price for it, advertise it accordingly, and folks will buy it.

well i always been a gm man, but if i was to go out and buy a new car, God forbid i would ever have too! i would by a ford! the imports are never been a option for me! just dont like them ! but gm has really droped the ball!

Actually the term import is somewhat of a moot point these days. Almost every car make has a plant in the US using American labor, even Kia and Hyundai have US plants these days.
Doesn't mean I would buy any of these brands but the fact is they are assembled here by domestic labor.

The last new car I bought was in 1979. I don't see a new car anytime in my future.

well i always been a gm man, but if i was to go out and buy a new car, God forbid i would ever have too! i would by a ford! the imports are never been a option for me! just dont like them ! but gm has really droped the ball!

Im with you on this one. I have always been a gm guy. I have owned and still own a GM truck. But the last good truck they made last came out of Detroit in 1988. After that I lost all love for the new look of the trucks. and I wil never buy a newer truck then the one I own now.

Ford has really got there act together and is building some great cars. Maybe we can get some people out of there toyotas and hondas finally.
[cl

Keep in mind the government has the majority stake of GM, so it's no wonder their ads are competition bashing negative ads - just like political ads! The only auto ads I've noticed in awhile are the Ford ads - the Mike Roe and Dennis Leary ads to be specific. Those just stand out as good advertisements.

I like the old line......"build it and they will come"

I've never been truely loyal to one brand ( tho I love old Caddys) but it seems
Ford could not advertise and still sell. Quality is important but integrity means
alot also.

I haven't noticed anything from GM that is that bad. I have been GM loyal for a lot of years and have never had a reason to look elsewhere, especially a foreign based brand. I did have a Chevy Luv (Isuzu) once,but I domesticated it by putting a 283 in it.

I have always been and always will be a GM guy regardless of any commercials they make. I notice no one is mentioning the ford commercials that bash chevy and dodge? Its been going on for years and I don't expect it to stop.

Actually the term import is somewhat of a moot point these days. Almost every car make has a plant in the US using American labor, even Kia and Hyundai have US plants these days.
Doesn't mean I would buy any of these brands but the fact is they are assembled here by domestic labor.

The last new car I bought was in 1979. I don't see a new car anytime in my future.

You have a point there. The way I look at it were do the profits go. Here or over seas.

As for the GM adds, They kind of make me turn away.

I was never for downing the other guy, Tell what you are about.

It's not a total bash; c'mon Howie actually compliments Hondas ability to make a good lawnmower!:D

I don't agree with the bashing either, but it seems like without putting the stats (fuel economy) directly in front of (ignorant) people they will continue believing that domestic cars get 20MPG while foreign cars get 30+.

And yes, Leary's Ford truck commercial poking at other makers bragging about having the biggest tires, yada, yada, yada is good humor...and actually kindof true.

im just a anti Japanese import guy

yeah they give a few losers some jobs working there factorys but at the end of the day all the money goes back to japan

have you ever seen the chevy 5cyl??? that and the fact that they killed the camaro for so long where the down fall of chevy

^but thats just my opinion

...and the fact that they killed the camaro

They thought the mullet went out of style. :p

Even when they brought the Camaro back, it was still 3rd runner up to the Stang and Challenger. WT? There's even a aftermarket Firebird kit for it that blows the factory look outta the water!

Whatever happened to the Chevy Volt - I thought they were betting heavy on that?

I don't like GM's bashing either. It must work though because every politician does it while campaigning.
I used to like GM, them I worked in one of their dealerships for a while. After working in both import and domestics dealerships as a mechanic I can tell who treats the techs better. (It's not the domestics). I can also tell you where I did more warranty repairs (not the imports). I can also tell you how much GM has made over in China for their "domestic" cars.
Sorry if it sounds like I bashing, just trying to tell you how I see it. I could go on but I won't

Lightspeed Mike

The GM i remember, seems like it was only a dream now.

DSC00608.jpg

Latest posts

Back