TiredIronGRB's 1948 Buick

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the old girl out and drove her a little today, I still don't have the dash back from my paint guy (wait till you see it!) but once I get the dash in and all my gauges hooked up I'll start driving the crap out of it.

48_Buick_115.jpg

48_Buick_116.jpg

Great looking car. I know you must be excited to drive it. I recently had to sell my 51 Fleetline and i have regretted ever since.

looks sweet! Maybe olive drab with a star on the door would make it a nice command car........[cl

Thank you. Are you going to leave the rear end as is? The bumper area looks a little unfinished.

No, I'm still looking for a good fit, the front bumper is a '49-'52 Chevy...I think that one might work for the rear as well, I need to pull it back off and see.

I like the O.D. green staff car idea but just not on this one ;)

401 nailhead

Did you paint the motor ? You might try to check into that motor . It could have some history behind it . The start cart for the black bird spy plane used two naillheads to start plane . The nailheads were yellow .

i love this ride and can't wait to see that newly painted dash any hints on the color or do we just have to wait[dr
the car looks great just the way it sits with the color what a nice find.[cl

Did you paint the motor ? You might try to check into that motor . It could have some history behind it . The start cart for the black bird spy plane used two naillheads to start plane . The nailheads were yellow .

The engine came out of a '65 Riviera and was completely rebuilt and has a pretty lopey cam in it.

It would look good with the pan rolled too. But it wouldn't look right with a bumper up front and none on the back.

Got a couple of 48 chevy coup bumpers you can have if you want. Be over this spring and can drop them off.

Latest posts

Back