Torque tube yoke interchange?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went the other way when I built my 54 years ago and just swapped a later 3 speed and a later rear end. I had access to a yard that had lots of ad stuff but never found a good 3 speed for the torque tube. Went thru 4 of them and never got one that didn't jump out of gear. Looking back I should have learned how to rebuild the original tranny, but some kids are slow learners...

Did the trans mate up without an adaptor?
Yes,, I don't remember having any problems with mating up. I . I just about lost it in that truck. One of the only times I was acting foolish. I had a buddy in a machine shop an helped rebuild the 235. He did a few things that really perked the old 6 up. One morning, coming back from a friends house, I was pushing it pretty hard. I topped a hill and spotted a semi pulling out from a side road. There was not enough road to get it slowed down enough. When I hit the brakes they were doing all they could but without any weight with the missing bed the truck was way too light. I attacked the pedal once and started into a slide let up and hit it again going from one side to the other on the old road. If it hadn't been for the alert trucker, i would probably not be here typing right now. He saw my predicament, stopped as he was just starting to cross into his oncoming lane making the turn onto the road. I let up, swerved to the left an just missed his driver's side. I stopped right after that, ran back to where he was and thanked him in person. He said we were both lucky and I agreed. He saw me coming and also realized my slide. Much respect for him! Been kicking my own butt ever since...

Latest posts

Back