Toyota 4 runner problem ( yeah yeah) just help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Wallbanger

So dear old mom was having altinator issues. we replaced the brushes and that seemed to fix one problem after the alarm went off non stop! but now her driver window is stuck in the roll down position. the motor was running in auto down so bad that i had to take the door fully apart to stop it from burning up! It worked when we parked it minutes before the brushes were replaced I pulled the motor out and switches to check it and it runs up and down when the wires are reversed so the motors fine. any ideas? did the switch go out in the 10min it was parked?

Id check the switch first, but some cars use a relay too.May check a Chilton manual on the wiring diagram on it.

I think it needs some learning!

Ill check out the learning short cut. I read some where else that they do that weird crap. the relays in 4 runners seem to be in the arm rests next to th switches and that one was tripping kinda loud but like i said t was in auto down which made me think the learning problem. saddly the switches are soldered into a circuit board so that would be a pain or I would just stole one from a back door to test it. the mystery continues! haha if it matters (in the up position it would stop, stop position it goes down, and down goes down)

Ill check out the learning short cut. I read some where else that they do that weird crap. the relays in 4 runners seem to be in the arm rests next to th switches and that one was tripping kinda loud but like i said t was in auto down which made me think the learning problem. saddly the switches are soldered into a circuit board so that would be a pain or I would just stole one from a back door to test it. the mystery continues! haha if it matters (in the up position it would stop, stop position it goes down, and down goes down)

There should be a stop position one would think inside the motor that determines complete lowered position. perhaps that switch is no good inside the motor... However I would definitely try switches first.

Latest posts

Back