Tremec 5-speed question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

This transmission is in a car I'm trading for....what kind of Tremec 5-speed is it?

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 53
You will need to get the tag info to get anything exact. I imagine the adapter is pretty simple. I built one to put a Mustang T5 onto a stock 260 ford bell housing and the bottom holes line up so you drill and countersink allen heads to hold the top to the bell housing then drill and tap for the tranny to bolt to the adapter. The shaft on the T5 was just enough longer to allow for the 3/4" thick adapter. I had my machinist make a pilot bearing.

Oh, man Animal, I need a '56 Fairlane two door hardtop with a 390, five speed.
Would you at least let us see some of the other pictures he sent you?
I had some good luck figuring out my T5's, by looking up T5 transmissions identification on U-tube. Good luck.

I've been looking at everything I can find, and have it narrowed down to a 3550/TKO by the shape of the case. They used the right adapter, did it right according to the guy I'm trading. He sent me the pics, and I never thought to ask him what trans it was...............I figured a five-speed is a five-speed. :eek: Mac, it's a two-door post, a Club Sedan, but I like that body style. I've been holding off posting pics, something about not counting my chickens..... :rolleyes:

My highschool car is a '56 two door post, [I think] Club Sedan. It's salmon pink and black. Mine is a Meteor Rideau, so the chrome stripes are slightly different, possibly even nicer than a Fairlane's. Most Meteors had the Mercury engines in them, that would be the 312, but mine had the 292, which I finally got back after 45 years.
I hope you get the car.

My favorite car in high school was my '56 Fairlane Club Coupe, with a 312/3 speed OD that my dad and I built before I even got my license. We painted it dark blue, put a 390 and four-speed in it when I was a junior in high school. I also had another '56, a '55, a '54, and a '55 Mercury Montclair four-door. Hopefully things will work out so we can pick up the car in the next couple of weeks. :)

Oh, man Animal, I need a '56 Fairlane two door hardtop with a 390, five speed.
Would you at least let us see some of the other pictures he sent you?
I had some good luck figuring out my T5's, by looking up T5 transmissions identification on U-tube. Good luck.

I guess it can't hurt to post just a couple.............. ;)

Attachments

• RF.jpg
    RF.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 21
  • floors2.jpg
    floors2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
  • LR.jpg
    LR.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 17
My highschool car is a '56 two door post, [I think] Club Sedan. It's salmon pink and black. Mine is a Meteor Rideau, so the chrome stripes are slightly different, possibly even nicer than a Fairlane's. Most Meteors had the Mercury engines in them, that would be the 312, but mine had the 292, which I finally got back after 45 years.
I hope you get the car.

I'd really like to see that Rideau....they're a gorgeous car. I'd like to find some '56 Merc taillights for the Fairlane.

Yeah, I'm trading the coupe for it. A FE is definitely a tight fit.....my dad and I did this in '69 and it was a bear!:eek:

Attachments

• 390.jpg
    390.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 16
Hi again. I've tweaked the size of the pictures, now so they should be better. I forgot to tell you there is a '55 Meteor front clip on there. It had a 292 Y-block and an automatic transmission.
I can't upload those bigger pictures.

Latest posts

Back