Trying to decide on engine, what would you do?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engine choices. What to do, what to do.....

• Carbed AMC six, maybe turbo.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • FI Jeep stroker six, maybe turbo.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Obscure large ci v8, probably no room for turbo.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Other, specify below.

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
This link has some useful info to the size/weight end of the equation. According to it, the Caddy BB is only 24lbs heavier than the factory AMC V8.

If my remember is working right, that 65 is very similar to the 70 model I had.(under the hood anyway.) It was a four door Rebel. The original six ran great but I lost reverse in the automatic. I pulled those out and stuck in an 75 Olds 350/Turbo 350. It ran great. A sleeper around this town. I had to sell the 350 and all I had left was a 460 Ford/C-6. It was easier putting the Ford in than doing Olds. The Ford was a tighter fit. I had to remove the heater box and put some electric fans on it. I just wanted to point out to you, check the length on whatever motor you get interested in. You may have some clearance problems if you don't want to get into the firewall or radiator. I believe the width isn't going to be a problem for you. Good luck with whatever you decide. It'll go.

Attachments

• amc 6.jpg
    amc 6.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 350 olds.JPG
    350 olds.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 460.JPG
    460.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 460 wp.JPG
    460 wp.JPG