Vegas Bound

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking894

We left for Vegas this morning. We drove 350 miles with out and problems with either truck. We're staying in Bakersfield tonight and then on to Vegas tomorrow.

Keith

The trip to Vegas was a ball. We were a public nuisance on the road. We drove along at 70 -75 most of the time on 5, cars would pull up along side of us and slow down to take pictures and would back all the other vehicles behind them for half a mile. This happened over and over all the way down to Bakersfield. We only had one small break down in the 650 mile trip. Norman blew out a short radiator hose about 75 miles outside of Vegas. We had extra hose with us so we repaired it and I towed him for about 5 miles with a tow strap to the rest stop where we filled up with water.

We stopped at Gene Winfields shop yesterday and had a great visit with him. He checked out our trucks and signed our dashes. Here are a few pictures so far.

4476749656_c4bc0302e4.jpg

4476750352_d18c5cdabe.jpg

4476751046_98ce0ce69e.jpg

4475975539_cc5a38a96a.jpg

I will post more pictures as the week progresses.

Keith

familiar sights!

The Baker thermometer-tallest thermometer in the world! Across from the Royal Hawiian motel! And just down the street from The Mad Greek restaurant.

Blew a piston out in a White Freightliner there years ago. Spent three days in the "Gateway to Death Valley".

Ya'll have a good trip, and hope you made that Baker grade ok. It's eaten a lot of cars!

Good luck! and keep the pictures coming![cl

Our buddy Kevin drove his '55 Chevy gasser down from Colorado and met up with us. We have been having a ball the last three days driving our vehicles all over Vegas. If you happen to be at Viva we are the ones wearing "Norm's Speed Shop" shirts and jackets. Here is a picture of our vehicles to watch for.

4483727465_4e6ffff951.jpg

Keith

Awesome. I enjoy the road trip coverage, thanks for taking us along. I'm hoping for some more photos from the event too. The rods look great lined up.

Latest posts

Back