volksrod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the rear the way it is but a boat tail might look cool too,be neat to see done with photo shop

Ok I'm not very experienced with anything water cooled. I am using a 1930 ford radiator cover and a 350 small block chevy. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what sort of radiator will fit the ford cover and be able to cool the 350 sbc.

-george

Ok I'm not very experienced with anything water cooled. I am using a 1930 ford radiator cover and a 350 small block chevy. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what sort of radiator will fit the ford cover and be able to cool the 350 sbc.

-george

what are the dimensions?
i think i have a good idea.

1964-66 mustang radiator will fit in the shell. An aluminum one with an elec fan will cool a mild small block just fine. Speedway sells them for about 3 bills. They are a little short to fill the entire opening in that tall grill so youll have to fab up a 2" filler panel if you don't want any gaps height-wise.

i'd say, go suicide with the doors, so when you leave the cab, the exhaust points at you, like a gun, or something.... ok, maybe that's not such a good idea..

ok maybe that link didn't work for some reason, see if this way works

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

A few more pictures, step in the right direction....

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 143
got some work done this past weekend...

We got the motor mounts figured out, the engine angle set, and we had to shorten the Z in the front which took most of our time. So here is a few updated pics of where it's at now

Attachments

• vrupdate6.jpg
    vrupdate6.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 97
  • vrupdate1.jpg
    vrupdate1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 108
  • vrupdate7.jpg
    vrupdate7.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 128
The front end I found complete for $250 and is from a 1941 ford, juice brakes, factory drop.....We welded on some batwings, mounted the trailer springs, split the wishbones, cut off the factory swaybar and springs. At this point we have a few extra front end parts...1932 front beam with spindles and cable drums.. PM if interested.

Latest posts

Back