VW Roadster done!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas! It has been a blast. I have had it on the road about a month. I have another VW sitting in my driveway I am doing mild custom for my wife. The roadster stays indoors. I had a delivery the other day. The driver saw the VW in the driveway (garage was closed) and asked if I was into VWs. He went on to comment about this "sick" grey roadster VW he has seen running around recently. I let him rave about how cool it was and how he had never seen anything like it for about 10 minutes. When he said, "I would sure like to see that thing up close and tell the guy how sweet that car is" ... then I openned the garage. That was cool.

Lol, I bet that was great, I don't know how you let him go on for 10 min :p

Car looks great!

Any photos of how you capped the top where you cut around the body?

Very nice VW. Ive got a burnt orange diecast VW that is chopped. The entire roof on it is chopped about as low as your windshield. Nice work.

So how big was your head after the delivery guy left, lol. Mine wouldve been a good size. :D

Very cool....

Very nice job, Cutman. :cool:
Looks like you and the kids are having a great time.

A picture of the delivery guys face, when the door went up, would be cool. '22

Lol, I bet that was great, I don't know how you let him go on for 10 min :p

Car looks great!

Any photos of how you capped the top where you cut around the body?

This is a picture of my 10 yr old welding them up... he welded up all the top caps (no kidding). I used 3 pieces to do it (2 sides and one top flat piece).
weldingbryce023.jpg

100_0685.jpg

003-1.jpg

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Latest posts

Back