Whats a nailhead worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckeyedon

"Perpetually Greasy"
I’ve been offered several 425 nailheads. They are to be considered rebuildable but may run. There all 1965’s. I have no ideal what’s cheap or too much? I need some input before I go look at them. Help me out guys I hate to pass this deal up.

How much are they asking? Are they complete engines... starters, pullys, etc? If they're not outrageous... get one!!!

Here's mine... I had it rebuilt with a complete Egge kit, Isky cam & roller roclers.

BoB

Attachments

• mynail.jpg
    mynail.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 34
i'm curious on this as well--my ? is are they expensive to buy parts for?
(i know it wouldn't be as cheap as a sbc)

so what is a rebuildable nailhead worth, and what to expect in parts for rebuild?

i'm curious on this as well--my ? is are they expensive to buy parts for? So what is a rebuildable nailhead worth, and what to expect in parts for rebuild?

Rebuild... not the cheapest... sorta like rebuilding a Hemi. Rebuild kit $1,500-$2,500 + $600-$900 for machine work + tranny work. Not too bad for a truly unique engine.

Be sure to check out RRR's Nailhead foto thread...
Nailhead foto thread!

BoB

Thanks for the info Tripper. Went and looked at them. There complete from air cleaner to oil pan and fan to trans. He wants 1500. for all 3. I'm going to pass for now. I spent my hotrod bucks for this month. But there not going anywhere. I'd like to pick them up in a month or two. If that price sounds right?

Latest posts

Back