who are we?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
:rolleyes:
i was just running around the internet and found this site,, that was profiling us here on RRR, and it said we are , LESS AFFLUENT< didnt know what it meant so i looked it up, what do yall think , about this?

http://www.quantcast.com/ratrodsrule.com
af⋅flu⋅ent   /ˈæfluənt or, often, əˈflu-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [af-loo-uhnt or, often, uh-floo-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. having an abundance of wealth, property, or other material goods; prosperous; rich: an affluent person.
2. abounding in anything; abundant.
3. flowing freely: an affluent fountain.
–noun 4. a tributary stream.
5. an affluent person: a luxurious resort appealing to young affluents.

If taking things nobody else wants, creating something appealing and safe that everyone seems to want, selling at enough profit to live comfotably, but not a ripoff, put my child thru college, And give back to my community when they need me............ then HELL YES THATS ME! ..........affluent..... dp1

Must be a lot of lurkers, cause I know that the average age for posters isn't 12-17. More like 45, and I'll bet most have kids and bring in more than 30k$! ...mabe not after Uncle Sam though.... My rides certainly are 'less affluent'. :D

It takes all kinds. Less affluent doesn't mean we have less Rods and it doesn't mean we're having less fun. I have more fun scrounging to find parts to put together than I do just ordering a bunch of new stuff. There's nothing more satisfying than taking a bunch of parts someone has tossed aside and put it all together and then go out and beat them with it.

Sounds to me that those "affluent" persons lurkin over us probably have no idea how to and/or what it takes to build a genuine hot rod. They probably buy a glass body and bolt together frame from a box,have someone else put it together and then take all the credit.So if "less affluent" describes us here, then hell yes we are and darn proud of it too!

OK now, mostly male 12-17 years old, 70% college educated, 80% have no children but 20% do, making >$30K a year. I wonder where they got their information? A 12 year old college graduate that makes $30K a year????

I guess we just be a bunch of well edjekated kids! :D

If taking things nobody else wants, creating something appealing and safe that everyone seems to want, selling at enough profit to live comfotably, but not a ripoff, put my child thru college, And give back to my community when they need me............ then HELL YES THATS ME! ..........affluent..... dp1

Fits me!

Not sure how a 12 year old could find enough time to cut that many lawns to make 30 grand, and go to college too!! "Affluent" is just a 10 cent word for "I know how to run a credit card, and stick my nose in the air". I doesn't mean anyone is smarter than anyone on here. Quite the opposite.;) Sniper

Must be a lot of lurkers, cause I know that the average age for posters isn't 12-17. More like 45, and I'll bet most have kids and bring in more than 30k$! ...mabe not after Uncle Sam though.... My rides certainly are 'less affluent'. :D

You described me to a "T". Oh, I don't mean the "lurker" part, just the other stuff.

It also said we were 70% male & 30% female (where are all these chicks?) and mainly in our 20's! They have us spot on!!! :D:D:D

Hummmm... maybe they shoulda ck'd his thread...
Age group poll!

BoB

yesterday i could not spell affluent.....today i are one!
i'm trying to not get caught up in what other people think i am.. whether as a minister/pastor, as a husband, as a father, or even as a rodder..street? hot? rat? who cares what "they" say!?......ENJOY THE RIDE :D(IT MAY SOON BE OVER:eek:)

just funnin'!!;)

I used to be VERY affluent, but I've been taking these GasX tablets and the problem seems to be going away.:eek::D :D

Nice to know I have friends in LOW PLACES. :) My very favorite kind of people.

Don

Well I think it flows freely here!!

And you know what? When I am out scrounging old tin and dreaming how to get some relic out of a ravine, I wouldn't trade places with a flaming river this and fat man that credit card hotrodder, for anything.

Last edited:
THis is *really* funny!!!

Dudes... I ran the same thing on the HAMB. It said... 40% women blah, blah, blah!!! Really funny stuff... try it u're self!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Latest posts

Back