Widen fenders or reduce rear wheel width?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that case you are pretty close already so widening the fenders would probably be the best bet.

I'm starting to lean that way. It would cost $500-$750 for new wheels & tires but just some of my time & a lil for sheet metal & welding supplies to widen them!

BoB

ok, this is going to sound a little weird but bear with me till the end.

Widen the fenders but do it on a angle. wider at the top than the bottom. Not much mind you but I think 1" difference would do it. Then set the fender on there so just the top of the tire is covered. you might have to open up the wheel opening a little so as the fender angles back in towards the bottom a little bit of the tire will show. That would give it a mean look without the rear fender being all bulky and fat looking. Just my $.02[;)

I am a fan of wider so here is a way to see if you like it wide . Make some brackets that will allow you to attach the fenders to the bed and try the new " look " out . Sit at a show /cruise nite etc and look at it for awhile and listen to the comments . If you don't like the way it looks or is received ,take em off . Not much lost in the process . You could even fill in the gap with a cardboard strip held in pace with that magic stuff called ducktape . I always cardboard and tape when I can . Really helps to visualise the finished product .

Latest posts

Back