Y-block intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55fordtt

Hey guys i'm building up a 55 ford with the 292 y block. I'm wondering what would be better a 3x2 intake or single 4 barrel? Any ideas on what would be better performance wise?

I was lucky to find a 2- 4 barrel set up for mine. And it handles the gas really well. I think you could make it run with either set up but more gas is always better.

Not too hard if you run the carbs with progressive linkage and have idle circuits on the center carb only. That's the way I ran the tri-power on my sbc. I never had to fool with it and it ran very well.

The hard part is finding 3 good carbs to put on it for a decent price! The Edelbrock 573 is the best old 3X2 for the Y - it's the bigger port version. I've heard to stay away form the Offy's - bad flow. Prolly OK for street though.

I run a Fenton 3x2 with 2110 carbs. They are a bit big for my motor, but are cheaper than Stromburgs. And running progressive you can keep the secondaries from opening full. I still haven't had time to tune 'em though.

Latest posts

Back