1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up early this morning angry for some reason. So while the house slept I took it out on the garage/shop.[S
6 big bags of **** for the dumpster.:eek:
No pics because most of you already know what 6 big bags of **** look like.[ddd
Torchie.

We all have those bad days at one time or another.
When it happens to me I go crawl in the jeep and go shoot coyotes.
It works for me.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Going to try something new this winter..

I decided to but up a tarp wall this winter to try and hold in some of the heat from my kerosene salamander.
Double fold tarp across the back 2/3rds of the garage. Not exactly drywall and insulation but should help to keep the heat in my work area.
Wife always loves it when she looks in the garage and sees a fat one-legged man on a ladder.:eek:
Talk to you later..........
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 16
Hey Torchie, I was thinking of doing the same thing over the inside of my garage door. Single layer steel door seems to radiate cold:(

Hey Torchie, I was thinking of doing the same thing over the inside of my garage door. Single layer steel door seems to radiate cold:(

That'll work~[P

Hey Torchie..... the wife didn't sell tickets ?

sorry man, you are such an inspiration to us all....

I have done that before gold and it does seem to help. Plus it seems that my door would always want to freeze up from the condensation from the heat. Might help with that as well.

Hope so smallfoot. I had the tarp from when I was restoring the wooden boat. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Gets it out of the way plus helps with the heat. Not to mention the 3rd bonus. The wall will keep people from putting their **** into my work area.......:D

Not much of an audience for that kind of entertainment around here forbigpicture... But thanks for the kind words.:D
Torchie.

I had a house fire in 2004 that took the roof out over the livingroom. I used a tarp to circle my sleeping area upstairs and never missed a day of staying here while putting the house back together. It'll work...keep at it man!

Plan for today is to go out and look at some parts.
This guys dad had some old Fords which they sold when he passed and now they want to get rid of the let overs . So we shall see.....
Torchie.

Good luck on the parts run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good plan. More parts is good!

Good luck Torchie. Parts runs are always exciting. Don't forget to get some trading stock too.

So I went out in regards to a CL ad for Flathead Ford stuff.You never know... I was looking for a top shift trans to use on the custom build. He assured me that he had at least 2, plus Front axles 3 or 4 engines etc..... His dad was an old mechanic and had 3 Ford trucks.
Got there and saw that the trans were from Model A's. One front axle had the wide 5 hubs which are 37-38?. But the spindles were frozen solid. Other axle was A commercial and everything had been left out in the weather for at least a decade or more. So on to the engines. All in various states of disassembly. All frozen. 2 were the 21 stud pre 38 engines and one was a 24 stud 38-39. Some extra oil pans,heads,carbs,distributors. But everything was so weathered I didn't pick up anything.
Oh well. Onward and upwards.....
Torchie.

Yeah. Not the first time it's been a wild goose chase. Won't be the last either.:D
I am a bit bummed though as I had a line on a running engine that would have put this build miles ahead. Was in communication with the guy and now he's gone silent.:eek:
Oh well.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie.

I know where there is a 429 Cobra Jet with a burnt valve.
You'd have to cross over to the stupid fast way of thinking and change everything down stream.

On second thought keep looking for the cool flat head.
One of these days you'll have one show up.
Happy to Ya.

In the immortal words of I-R-POPS.....

"I'd rather be in my own little world(AKA-my shop). :D

Time spent this morning in my "own little world". Kind of feels like I'm in a quarantine tent. :eek:

Cleaning up the banjo rear end in prep for recoating. You will notice that the rear springs have the Factory covers on them still with the grease zerks and all.

Good running or otherwise, flatheads in my part of the world seem to be pretty sparse POPS. And when you do find them the owners seem to think that they are the last ones on earth and price them accordingly.
The one I've got shows no signs of being cracked but I haven't stripped it out totally yet to send it off to the shop for a full exam.
I'm still holding out hope that I will hear from the guy with the engine and that his silence is just holiday related.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0820.JPG
    IMG_0820.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0821.JPG