Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-23-2021, 08:51 AM
CR55's Avatar
CR55 CR55 is offline
It's just a little surface rust!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 3,573
Default

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while! In response to the covid question, I've had it twice! 1st time left me short of breath for a month or so. The 2nd time did the same thing, but its taken my drive and ambition. Retirement is now on my mind a lot! Love my job, but it's taking all I can do to go everyday.. fortunately I didn't get it as bad as a lot of folks! Everyone take care of yourselves and keep safe
__________________
Life's good!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-23-2021, 11:22 AM
Old Iron's Avatar
Old Iron Old Iron is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Willard Mo.
Posts: 13,033
Default

Sad to hear you getting the virus twice.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-23-2021, 01:12 PM
soltz's Avatar
soltz soltz is offline
The Rat Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, N.M.
Posts: 4,808
Cool

I was thinking if you had it once you would build up antibodies to ward off getting it again
Getting it once is bad, Twice is bad x2.
Good Vibs coming for a quick recovery!!
__________________
Be Safe
and
Be Creative
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-23-2021, 09:03 PM
redidbull's Avatar
redidbull redidbull is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: South West CT
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
I have been going every 3 to 4 weeks for a test even though I am very careful. Went Thursday and tested positive. No symptoms but I am on quarantine for 10 days. My Wife is waiting for her results. She had the vaccine and is due for her 2nd this coming week. Jim
Took the 3 day test after the rapid and was negative. Found out that the rapids are not that accurate when asymptomatic. Jim
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-24-2021, 01:11 PM
donsrods's Avatar
donsrods donsrods is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: fort myers florida
Posts: 10,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR55 View Post
Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while! In response to the covid question, I've had it twice! 1st time left me short of breath for a month or so. The 2nd time did the same thing, but its taken my drive and ambition. Retirement is now on my mind a lot! Love my job, but it's taking all I can do to go everyday.. fortunately I didn't get it as bad as a lot of folks! Everyone take care of yourselves and keep safe

Wow, that is scary. But glad to see you fared better than a lot of others have (so have I). How far apart were the infections ? They say we have some immunity after having it once, but there have been cases, like yours, where someone got it twice.

Even though I am pretty much over it, I am still masking and generally staying away from others. I have not worked since last Spring, and I do not intend on going back any time soon. I am like you, I did have two very bad nights, but then I started to get better after that. Now my only real symptoms are that I could sleep 24 hours a day if I could.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-24-2021, 02:00 PM
redidbull's Avatar
redidbull redidbull is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: South West CT
Posts: 352
Default

My Wife had her 2nd shot on Friday. Sore arm and tired was all. Back to normal today. Jim
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM
donsrods's Avatar
donsrods donsrods is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: fort myers florida
Posts: 10,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
Took the 3 day test after the rapid and was negative. Found out that the rapids are not that accurate when asymptomatic. Jim
You are right. When Dan and I went the same time to be tested, I tested positive and he tested negative right there in the office. But the Doctor said he felt Dan was positive because we live together, so he sent off the sample for the 3 day test, and sure enough, he came back positive too.

So those rapid tests are a crap shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-24-2021, 11:22 PM
Torchie's Avatar
Torchie Torchie is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 6,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Wow, that is scary. But glad to see you fared better than a lot of others have (so have I). How far apart were the infections ? They say we have some immunity after having it once, but there have been cases, like yours, where someone got it twice.
Don. My oldest daughter was in New York working last March when all of this really busted loose.
She and a number of her friends got it by abou the 3rd week of march, as I recall.
Had her blood tested about 3-4 weeks ago and still showed signs of the anti bodies. So 9 months plus. She was as surprised as anybody.
I suspect it will vary from person to person, plus I believe it may take a while for the antibodies to show up??
Safety first.
Torchie
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-25-2021, 09:27 AM
donsrods's Avatar
donsrods donsrods is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: fort myers florida
Posts: 10,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Don. My oldest daughter was in New York working last March when all of this really busted loose.
She and a number of her friends got it by abou the 3rd week of march, as I recall.
Had her blood tested about 3-4 weeks ago and still showed signs of the anti bodies. So 9 months plus. She was as surprised as anybody.
I suspect it will vary from person to person, plus I believe it may take a while for the antibodies to show up??
Safety first.
Torchie

I'm glad she is fine. Last night I asked my son Dan if he was still experiencing any symptoms, and he said the only thing left was fatigue....he can't get enough sleep, and I feel the same way myself.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-25-2021, 09:42 AM
Old Iron's Avatar
Old Iron Old Iron is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Willard Mo.
Posts: 13,033
Default

Went in Saturday morning and I tested negative for the virus.
The reason for the test is, I'm going in tomorrow morning for a complete knee replacement on my left side.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.