1925 Dodge Coupe a.k.a. "Big Dodge"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, you're a good friend to Leo. You have a very big heart and a lot of us guys will be in the same position one day, I'm sure of it. Glad to see generosity and integrity are still going strong somewhere out there.

The story that goes along with this build is as good as the car itself Bob. So nice to see someone who respects a friendship like you do........that's getting to be a thing of the past any more.

As for your two link rear, sure it will work..........I'm driving mine right now and it works fine. Too many experts with too little seat time out there. Everything you have done so far looks really super. I like the front shock idea, may use it myself on some project. Shock doesn't care if it is mounted to frame or axle, does it? :)

Hope you buddy is ok after his fall. Keep the posts coming, we love to see your updates.

Don

2008_0317Johns0038.jpg

The body is on the frame for the final time. The patch panels are bondo'd, about 95% ok. I can't get the "stagecoach" image out of my mind with this body. It's not something I would have chosen for myself. No word from my friend Leo. Assembly is going a bit slow because my grandson is on spring break (high school junior) and we've been working on his hot rod. Below is a sneak peek of his truck.

2008_0317Johns0033.jpg

'38 GMC. The cab was purchased for $37.50. The top was chopped but not installed. I keep telling him to post his story of this build. It would be a great motivator for young guys.

Kool GMC!

Bob,
Wow... that GMC is a really kool lookin' ride & I'd definitely like to see some more pictures. What do u mean... top chopped but not installed?

BoB

Tripper, The guy we bought the cab from had done the easy part of the chop, he had cut the top off the cab and doors. We had to figure out how to put it back together. The top caved in pretty bad when we welded the strip across it. We took the cab out on the lawn and turned it upside down and beat it back into shape. Kinda used the lawn as a big shot bag. More Bondo in it that I like to use. I wish I would have seen Harleyboy's chop first.
Earthman, When I find Leo I'll pass along your arthritis remedy. I'm guessing he will be willing to try it for relief. Thanks.

2008_0318Johns0039.jpg

Put one of the rear wheels on it today. I think I'll have 'Bubba's Stagecoach Lines' lettered on the doors.

Your wheel suggestion is a good one, 24dodge. It will be getting 15 x 12 Weld Rodlites with Hoosier Pro Street Radials, because I have them laying around. Maybe something different later. I think the wide tires are necessary to offset the way the body narrows at the trunk area.

Instead of building that nostalgia dragster for your next project you should put a big block chevy in one of these bad boys:) I'm thinking full roll cage and everything.

stagecoach1.jpg

See the similarities between the Dodge and a stagecoach! I have to get that image out of my mind...and you're not helping, Zach. Remember, I warned you I might make you trade your truck for the Dodge, if you are not nice to me.

looking real good so far. And, I think it is just amazing what you are doing for a friend. Not too many people like you left in this world anymore.

how about this

Every thing can be finked!!

now i need to find a wagon.

Pablo

Attachments

• fink wagon (Medium).jpg
    fink wagon (Medium).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 67
Pablo, That's a great drawing! I might have to get some t-shirts with your drawing on them.
24dodge, the Munster coach and a stagecoach are the images I can't get out of my mind. Your picture doesn't help! (lol)

Latest posts

Back