1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another big step done, Wiring, by all means the hardest part of the build for me. My buddy that knows all about such matters blew up the transmission in his Motor Home less than halfway here.

I have the Electric outside door latches and the horn to finish, gotta pick up some parts.

Now on to the next problem, the original Qjet carb that was on the motor I tried to rebuild, but it was very badly corroded inside and once I had it back on the car I had a very lean condition with a miss on the right bank. Instead of screwing with it I ordered a replacement, my miss is gone but now it is very rich and I'm at a loss on how to fix it??[S
Any help from the pros would be much appreciated.

Wiring looks good, very neat [cl Wiring "can't live with it can't live without it"

As for too rich, main jets i would think or it's to many CFM for your engine [S

Wiring looks good, very neat [cl Wiring "can't live with it can't live without it"

As for too rich, main jets i would think or it's to many CFM for your engine [S

Thanks soltz, carb is a direct replacement Qjet for the stock 350. I ordered it out of a site in Californina, I bet it is jetted for sea level and I'm at 3100' would that cause over rich?[S

Still waiting for the government man to show up, or even answer my calls for the inspection. Been working on some of the little carp that takes forever.

Finally got the door latches figured out, passenger side

Now just have to duplicate on the drivers side.

Awooga horn from the swap meet

And I have been struggling on what to do for an air cleaner, running a tunnel ram on a stock 350 doesn't work and didn't fit the budget anyway, and I wanted something to add some height, good ole Fleabay came through with a vintage aluminum mini keg.

Thanks Guys, I kinda like it. It had no beer in it but while I was tig welding on it you could sure smell it, made be go to the fridge and crack a cold one.:D
Will be interesting to see what kinda sound it adds to the motor.:cool:

[cl[cl[cl
[P[P[P

I agree with the group, it looks cool. [cl

When you do fire it, open the tapper maybe it will make a whisle :(

I'm thinking
Booooooze, Boooooooze, Boooooooze

Just hope it doesn't foam over......
I know everyone's a comedian..... I do dig it:cool:

Thanks everyone.

That's cool! Did you make the mounting flanges for the air cleaner and carb or steal them from something? I need flanges for a project I have to do...

For the mounting flange I cut a piece of 1/4" aluminum 1.5"wide then annealed it to enable bending it in a circle to fit the carb, then cut out a matching hole in the keg and tig welded it in.

Still no inspector, called his cell phone yesterday and it went straight to message, " I will be away from the office on Holidays till April 11th" :mad::mad: Oh well it's giving me time to work on little things and wait for parts as usual. [P

Latest posts

Back