1930 model a pickup rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to bring this up but now it looks like you need to reposition your spring mount on the crossmember the same number of degrees to take the bind out of the shackles.

I had a couple Model A pickups years ago so I am really liking your project. Keep up the good work.

Yep, thats what I was trying to get at with my previous post!!

***double checked***

Boys, looks like we had a little tricking from the camera phone. Checked it and it looks to be the same on perch and axle. Moving on. Has anyone had any problems with Wilwood Tri-reverse brake/clutch combo master cylinders under the dash? I'm looking for the most room in the truck and don't want to clutter the firewall. Going for as clean as possible. Pics would be great of setups. Ideas???

Hey Ryan, I don't have the pedals yet but that is what we are installing on my son's truck. We are using the remote reservoir style master cylinders so we can fill them easier. We are going to use a slave cylinder from a '61 GMC truck for the clutch.

Nice! I am setting it up under the dash so I can take of the gas tank top to get to my pedals, electrical, etc....I ordered everything today for Saturday delivery. Might get to work on the truck a little. I DO have to get my flywheel drilled to accept the GM diaphragm pressure plate. I will be happy when all I have is cab and brakes. Ever see the movie,"The Money Pit"??? Starting to feel like it. hahaha Would rather have a safe rat, than a cheap rat though. Pics and updates soon to com:De.

Thanks! It will look even better when I get the bed on it. It will just get in the way if I install it now. New brakes and new clutch. Everything else is old or fab'd.

The Bed is on!

I finally got the be on the rat this weekend. It looked like it needed a little sun, so I pushed it outside for a bit. Much better![;) One pic is with the airbags empty and the other is with them filled.

Attachments

• outsiderat1.jpg
    outsiderat1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 112
  • airbagsin.jpg
    airbagsin.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 110
  • airbagsout.jpg
    airbagsout.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 114
I had to get my flywheel drilled to accept my GM pressure plate so I could use the hydraulic throwout bearing. Need to get a driveshaft, brake lines, and finish up steering and then can probably start putting around the ranch. Need to get the thing registered. Sounds like its gonna be fun from what I hear. No VIN number.

Boys, looks like we had a little tricking from the camera phone. Checked it and it looks to be the same on perch and axle. Moving on. Has anyone had any problems with Wilwood Tri-reverse brake/clutch combo master cylinders under the dash? I'm looking for the most room in the truck and don't want to clutter the firewall. Going for as clean as possible. Pics would be great of setups. Ideas???

Good to hear!!! Keep up the good work, looks great!!

Well, looks like I have more parts coming in today. Found a windshield on ebay that is coming from the Northeast and a dash panel coming from the Northwest......as well as the typical speedway order. It is impossible to find parts in South Texas.

Headlights........check!

Welded up my headlight/front shock brackets yesterday. Looks pretty damn cool IMO.[;)

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 76
looking good you can never throw enough money at these things, I am trying to wean myself off from buying stuff for a while my wife is starting to wonder what the hell is going on with me;)

Sweet ride man, I'm that special kind of "kick you in the b@lls" jealous[dr! Pretty much what I'm planning so I can't wait to see the finished product. What did you need to do to get the flatty in there? Anything you learned finding it that you wish you knew prior?

Semper Fi

The frame I built was out of 2x4 square tubing. The flatty had no problem fitting. My biggest problem was that I had the car water pumps, so I had to fab up my own motor mounts. That took a little bit because the angles were different. I will probably set the motor up a little higher on the next one. A little easier to work on the headers, but it will work. I need to pull everything off so I can weld on the damn vega bracket for my steering. I have my weekend full.

Attachments

• rat rod frame#2.jpg
    rat rod frame#2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 38
Here is a pic of how i did my motor mounts. I need to probably build them again so that they are perfected.

Attachments

• flatty brackets.jpg
    flatty brackets.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back