1930 model a pickup rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your build DvlDg29. I have had to learn everything with this build. I have never worked on a truck before, so between this site and google search, I have built most of my first rod. Ebay and speedway should probably send me a Christmas card. :cool:

Good luck with your build DvlDg29. I have had to learn everything with this build. I have never worked on a truck before, so between this site and google search, I have built most of my first rod. Ebay and speedway should probably send me a Christmas card. :cool:

Thanks for the info man, looks like the header is close to the frame so I agree that trying to fab a mount that moves the engine up a little will be perfect. Good luck and keep the updates coming.

Gonna work on my headers this weekend. Have to get some tubing today from town. Thinking of bending them at a 45 and straight out from the engine. Give it a "mean" look. Does anyone have any input or suggestions? [;)

thats what i was goin to do... i used paper towl rolls to mock one side up...
but i decided to go roadster style

Headers.....check! Man those sucked.:cool: Picking up the driveshaft this afternoon and mounting my steering box. Should start working on the floor and measuring for steering column. I plan on getting a lot wrapped up this weekend.

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 68
Well, the driveshaft is installed, my vega box is welded and mounted, headers are finally done. Going to start running break lines and building the floor in the cab. Time for the fun part[;)

Attachments

• driveshaft.jpg
    driveshaft.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 66
  • rateeheaders2.jpg
    rateeheaders2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 79
  • rateeheaders.jpg
    rateeheaders.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 77
I like your truck a lot.:D One thing you might consider is putting some steel strapping between each header tube midway or so. Ones that long will shake themselves to death and crack off at the flange. Just a thought.

Don

Yeah, that is what my Dad told me we should do. It will probably be the last thing before I take it on the road. Gonna work on the floor this week and maybe get to the brakes by the weekend.[;)

It is hard to lock down a date. I don't think it has even been a year yet. My wife said that I need to slow my ass down!!! HAHAHAHAHA I sold it as a "ten year project":cool: I have a deadline for October 1.

Warp speed Mr. Ryan. Wanna see some pics of that bad boy on the road. Look'n good.. Wish I could hurry, but I'm gitt'n to old..... I go slow and stop only....:D[P[cl

Got most of the floor done this weekend. I need to finish the tunnel and start measuring and laying the sheet metal. I have some squaring of the cab that I need to do so the doors close easily, but I should have it done by Friday and then its on to the brakes.[;)

Attachments

• FLOOR1.jpg
    FLOOR1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 53
FLOOR SUBFRAME DONE! I racked and tacked the cab and now the doors close like bad suns of beaches. Should have the sheet metal on by the weekend and then on to mounting my pedals and running brake/clutch lines. Gonna be burnin' up the road in no time.:cool:

Attachments

• ratfloor1.jpg
    ratfloor1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 45
  • ratrod5.jpg
    ratrod5.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 52
Back