1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The steering dampener is because I noticed that if I hit a big enough bump, especially coming downhill, the front tires start wobbling really bad and won't stop until I come to a stop. With the shock there is no longer any wobbly. I used hardened bolts on the shackles so I figured I didn't need bushings. If need be, I can make the holes larger, use a piece of pipe inside, and throw a bushing in there. Filled the tank up with fuel completely last night and found that one of my welds isn't quite up to snuff. It's leaking pretty good and I'm guessing its where I ground it down too much. So draining the tank tomorrow, washing it out, and welding it up again. I'll bring it to work to pressure test it this time. Wish I had done it to begin with.

Well, not going to the show tomorrow. Snapped my pinion as I was leaving work this morning and was lucky enough to get towed home(only three blocks away.) unfortunately no one in town keeps gear sets on hand and no junk yards have Dana 44s for the model I used. Oh well, will scour some of the yards in great falls tomorrow when I go down there. That is unless one of my leads comes back positive.

Great work so far! Just noticed that you're in MT too. Cool to see another MT rat:) Have you thought about pulling the boot off that steering damper and painting the body satin black or that copper you used on the valve covers? I think that could make it fit in a lot better. Taking the boot off might reduce the life a bit but hey, it's worth it if it looks better and it's not like that's a bad weather rig anyway right? I dig the knuckles on the headers too. Do you have baffles in them or are you running LOUD?

Didn't like the third brake light trim so off it came and on went a new piece of copper. Since it's a Chevy with a Ford engine, I decided to make it an oval with the classic bow tie as the cut out. Also made some decorations for the tail light bonnets and the all important cup holders. I think she's done for a while.

Please explain this "done" thing. I don't understand the concept.
I'm just trying to achieve "moving under its own power" stage.
I like your extra touches.

Okay, so it's not really done but I can drive it. And boy is it fun to drive. A while back a buddy stopped by and dropped this little gem off so it had to go on the car. Gotta be able to enjoy a cold one at the shows lol.

And since there isn't much cargo space in the car, I have a hitch, and being in Montana a lot of shows are quite a ways away, I decided I needed a back rack. After seeing how much they go for I decided to make one. Definitely overkill but it's the only size die I have. 1-1/2" schedule 40 pipe. Had the expanded metal lying around and I have some 1/4" scraps so I'll be able to make the thing for about 50 bucks. Here's the starting point.

Latest posts

Back