1933 dodge 4dr to 2dr update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good people

known him since he was born, more or less(more) my adopted son and my fabricating helper, wiring guru and welder.

since l ruined my lungs at my job l retired from, welding is not something l can do so he helps a lot.

he was a big part of getting Jimmy's truck and the the 3OlSH rat to where we are and the street legal race car getting closer to be a finished body skin around the cage.

without him most of my stuff would never get done. l am willing him 3 of the rods when l go for all the help, (BUT NOT TO SOON. l HOPE:D)

he was a class A self taught welder. the guy went to 3 years of welding and advanced welding school and is fantastic.

we lifted a whole car off the ground by just the front pipes he put on a race car to test the welds.

evryone needs a buddy like him.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01366.jpg
    DSC01366.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01507.jpg
    DSC01507.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01596.jpg
    DSC01596.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01365.jpg
    DSC01365.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 48
"new" shoes

got the slots on, l think it looks a LOT better with them on her[cl

still need a wider rear tire, but the budget won't allow that till next year:(

Attachments

• DSC02058.jpg
    DSC02058.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC02060.jpg
    DSC02060.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC02062.jpg
    DSC02062.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC02063.jpg
    DSC02063.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02067.jpg
    DSC02067.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02079.jpg
    DSC02079.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02069.jpg
    DSC02069.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC02068.jpg
    DSC02068.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 53
New wheels look great!!! I must say also....... looking at the other pics from just before those.... Where are your gloves sir??? Remember, Safety is Job One!!!

side panel

my friend has figured out what we are putting on the side panel. l like the idea, it will be his shop logo.

Attachments

• gotchas.jpg
    gotchas.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
door latches

l figured out the door latches, promise not to laugh, 0K.

the door "slapper" latches off my roll up garage doors, they have canter leaver spring latch system built in and when ya throw them in the lock positron the lock stays there till ya flip it back open. l put a heaver spring in to give more tension when latched.

looked around the garage today and went W0W, those will work perfect.

probally going to use this idea on the street legal jalopy, too.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• DSC02222.jpg
    DSC02222.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02223.jpg
    DSC02223.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC02224.jpg
    DSC02224.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02225.jpg
    DSC02225.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC02227.jpg
    DSC02227.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02228.jpg
    DSC02228.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 38
help

Thanks Skull, for the idea. I have been scratching my head [S, on this very problem on my '34 Plymouth. I'm glad you walk around your shop with your eyes open. Keep up the good work.

glad l could help Mac:)

this rod has some of the weirdest stuff in this build we ever used:

l have used a partition out of a horse trailer for the floor, trailer fenders for the inner fenderwells in the back, the shipping cages from ski-doos and personal water craft made from 1/4" to 3/4 square tubing that we made the floor cage out of and several little things, stainless steel from the Texaco gas station from the facia they were throwing away, black garden hose to cover the brake/fuel lines so they don't rub on the chassis and of course garage door parts.

stuff is out there if ya know where to look and use some imagination.

in jimmy's truck we used a wheel barrow for the firewall "indent" so the motor cleared everything because of the set back the nova/camaro sub-frame caused in the position of the engine/tranny.

Skull, what you just explained above, is what sets us ratters ahead of [or at least apart from] those dang plain-Jane restorers. Imagineering is partly finding parts in the weirdest places and partly making those parts work in other weird places. You're on the Road Less Travelled, but it's the right path.
Keep on tinkering.

Skull, what you just explained above, is what sets us ratters ahead of [or at least apart from] those dang plain-Jane restorers. Imagineering is partly finding parts in the weirdest places and partly making those parts work in other weird places. You're on the Road Less Travelled, but it's the right path.
Keep on tinkering.

You've got that right! I went to the History Road show at Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin last year. There were tons of beautifully restored cars, but I found them to be lacking personality and ingenuity. I was drawn to any rodded or modified car at the show because there was creativity in it, which gives each one its own personality. This is what I love about rods and modified vehicles. Love it or hate it, each one is different!

Skull, that's a use for garage door latches I never thought of. Looks like it will work well, though! I see you still have inside door handles, are those just your suicide latches?

nope

no, just latches l put on will hold them shut. the stock ones were so far gone they don't do anything but help line up the doors when l close them.

papers

wish me luck---

these are the titles l got with the car,hope they don't hassle me too much.

off to get the title put in my name so she be a street legal beast.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• DSC02234.jpg
    DSC02234.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC02235.jpg
    DSC02235.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02236.jpg
    DSC02236.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts