1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still hanging out in the desert southwest, working on my tan :D ..... looking forward to the Midnight at the Oasis show in Yuma next weekend.

Heading home in April and will get back to the Caddy then...

Attachments

• DSC04960.jpg
    DSC04960.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC04961.jpg
    DSC04961.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 108
Wanted to bring this one back to the top in hopes that you are going to get back to work on it soon.

For anyone who is new, start on page one... you will want to read through all of this one.

I just got home from 3 months in Arizona - man, I don't know how anyone there could get any work done, it's cruisin' weather full time!!
Dying to get back on the Caddy, got a couple weeks of stuff to catch up on around the house (honey-do list too....).
I've got to get some new coveralls when I get back at it - all my clothes seem to have shrunk around the waist..[S

This is where I left off - just about to get the body off to get onto finishing the frame welding...

Attachments

• dec 18 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    dec 18 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 100
I think I heard the Caddy groan today - probably from having to bunk with the wife's Hyundai all winter....:( Funny how the Caddy was a large car in it's time and it appears small next to a Santa Fe [S.
Of course the Caddy is aired down and hasn't got its fenders on, but sure shows how times and our perceptions of cars have changed...

Attachments

• april 7 12  34 cadillac 003.jpg
    april 7 12 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 100
  • april 7 12  34 cadillac 001.jpg
    april 7 12 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 105
I think I heard the Caddy groan today - probably from having to bunk with the wife's Hyundai all winter....:( Funny how the Caddy was a large car in it's time and it appears small next to a Santa Fe [S.
Of course the Caddy is aired down and hasn't got its fenders on, but sure shows how times and our perceptions of cars have changed...

I'll bet you could still fit more people in the caddy though:cool:

I just got home from 3 months in Arizona - man, I don't know how anyone there could get any work done, it's cruisin' weather full time!!
Dying to get back on the Caddy, got a couple weeks of stuff to catch up on around the house (honey-do list too....).
I've got to get some new coveralls when I get back at it - all my clothes seem to have shrunk around the waist..[S

This is where I left off - just about to get the body off to get onto finishing the frame welding...

Glad you are home..I know I've been in 34 Caddy withdrawal for a while now..You've been playin for months, now get back to work:D:D Seriously, one of my very favorite builds and cant wait to see it finished..

Tim

Funny how the Caddy was a large car in it's time and it appears small next to a Santa Fe [S.

It was a much bigger car before you went to cutting on it!
sawzall.gif

Welcome back. How did the golf T go over?

Thanls... The golf T went over big, lotsa people wanting to know where they could get one. I even took it to a small car show nearby, easy to fit into a parking spot, got lotsa smiles......

Attachments

• DSC04883.jpg
    DSC04883.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC04900.jpg
    DSC04900.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 138
Starting small

OK, back to work, needed something easy for my lazy brain and lazier muscles to work on...:eek:
Ever since some bright viewer pointed out that the air gauge panel on the console I made looked like Bender the robot, I haven't been able to look him, errr - it, in the 'eye'. I had rounded off the front end of the console but that made it even more 'Bender' looking!
Soo,,, today I cut the 3 gauge piece out and turned it 180 degrees, welded it back in, hopefully excorcising the evil robot demon.

Attachments

• dec 10 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    dec 10 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 108
  • dec 15 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    dec 15 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 106
  • april 11 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    april 11 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 107
  • april 11 2012 34 cadillac 001a.jpg
    april 11 2012 34 cadillac 001a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 106
OK, back to work, needed something easy for my lazy brain and lazier muscles to work on...:eek:
Ever since some bright viewer pointed out that the air gauge panel on the console I made looked like Bender the robot, I haven't been able to look him, errr - it, in the 'eye'. I had rounded off the front end of the console but that made it even more 'Bender' looking!
Soo,,, today I cut the 3 gauge piece out and turned it 180 degrees, welded it back in, hopefully excorcising the evil robot demon.

Much less bender looking.not sure if that's good or bad yet :D
I really like the overall design though. COMPLETLY functional.

Separation anxiety

Houston, we have lift off!! Rigged up the sky hook today and popped the body off. The frame will have to go outside so I can turn the body on its side to finish up the welding underneath. This is where a rotisserie would be handy - but I don't have one and there's not enough room in my garage..........

Attachments

• april 15 2012 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    april 15 2012 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 79
  • april 15 2012 34 cadillac 010.jpg
    april 15 2012 34 cadillac 010.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 75
  • april 15 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    april 15 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
  • april 15 2012 34 cadillac 008.jpg
    april 15 2012 34 cadillac 008.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 83

I'm sorry :( I'll keep my mouth shut next :\

Latest posts

Back