1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More detail work...

My dad and I for some reason could not get the dashboard in the same way we had when we were building the truck. We ended up making a mess out of the hole around the windshield regulator when installing it, so it needed to be trimmed.

More copper and brass accents!

Few more details here, modified a brass fitting to trim the light switch.. Still not certain the nob is staying...

I also had found a large industrial push button which I disassembled to use the outer housing... My dad ground the threads out and we slipped it over the raw cast piece from the spare ignition from his 57...

Turned out nice

Also, my dad was cleaning out our fire pit, in my younger days we would burn anything we could... At some point I must have burned an old door cause he dug out this brass ring that looks like it is part of a door nob.. Still need to decide on the screws, either paint them all to match or find some others... More brass ones like the ones on the dash would look nice..

The turn signals are done, including indicator lights... My dad has been working very hard on getting the gas tank looking great, first coat of paint is on... Soon it will be ready to test the fuel system... But winter is getting close so it might not happen till the spring...

looks sweet! Maybe just a coupls of stainless screws for the pitman are trim ring? [P

Absolutely love this!! just skimmed through the whole build, very envious of the outcome and your skills!

More parts going on... I had the tank straps on there too but wasn't satisfied so they came back off... Decided they needed to be black

The tank doesn't fit into the brackets as well as it did before due to some of the repairs that needed to happen to the bottom but oh well... The brackets can be adjusted in the future if I decide too

I also have been working on the gauge panel for the air gauges but not happy with how it came out.... So I think I might remake it

Man corpo....

I'd be afraid to put anything over that tank...for fear of scratchin it....:eek:
It is a really nice looking tank....nice work on that [cl as well as the rest of it....nice attention to detail....[P

I'd be afraid to put anything over that tank...for fear of scratchin it....:eek:
It is a really nice looking tank....nice work on that [cl as well as the rest of it....nice attention to detail....[P

Thanks sarge! Was out in the garage for like an hour... Put the tank straps on ..

I'm happy with the results!

Air gauge panel!

Here it is on the bench...

Big vintage gauge for the tank pressure... Modern dual needle ones on each side, the light will be wired to come on when the compressors are on.....

More copper accents, bunch of old flat head screws..

Still a bunch of wires to tidy up, it's not done yet either but I thought I would share my progress

thanks guys....! I wanted to add some aluminum into the dash to tie in the seats.. so this seamed like a good place

Im going to attempt to shape aluminum around the outside of it to give it depth and hide all the fittings and connections that will be going on back there.. going to be kinda tricky but Ill give it a go...

thanks guys....! I wanted to add some aluminum into the dash to tie in the seats.. so this seamed like a good place

Im going to attempt to shape aluminum around the outside of it to give it depth and hide all the fittings and connections that will be going on back there.. going to be kinda tricky but Ill give it a go...

That looks like a good shape to hammer form. I would anneal the aluminum first. You can anneal aluminum by using an acetylene (no oxygen) flame to cover it in soot. Then heat the aluminum until the soot burns off.

Latest posts

Back