1940 Plymouth Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mix008.jpg

WOW! you found one of the only set of prototype "inverted valve" chevy heads! rare find indeed![cl

Yellow is nice!

PlymmieIns003.jpg

After completing the Peel & Seal I covered the back panel and roof in this material. It is like bubble pack with aluminum on both sides. Should be a good thermal insulation. However, I started thinking, a dangerous activity on my part, that the material didn't have much noise reduction capability. Checking around I found EZ Cool sold by a HAMB member. It doesn't cost much and has very good reviews for both heat and noise reduction. I'll use it on the floor and firewall.

I should have kept the valve cover on so you guys couldn't see my expierimental valve arrangement.:D

Yes, the yellow looks very good. I never would have thought of it. I was leaning toward maroon. This opened my eyes.[cl

Great looking progress Bob. I think instead of dying the tacky looking seats go to a yard sale and find some polyester pants to match. You'll be the talk of the car cruise.

Looks terrible..better let me take it off your hands before you mess it up. I'll contact you when it's done [dr

Great looking progress Bob. I think instead of dying the tacky looking seats go to a yard sale and find some polyester pants to match. You'll be the talk of the car cruise.

Pants.jpg

Thanks for the great suggestion Flying Rat. I ordered these today.:D

I ordered some small parts from Speedway & insulation from the HAMB guy. Also took parts to Jerry the Sandblaster. So, along with helping my wife babysit our newest grandson (6 mos old) and his Husky I did get a few things done.

Last edited:
Can I borrow those??

Pants.jpg

Thanks for the great suggestion Flying Rat. I ordered these today.:D

I ordered some small parts from Speedway & insulation from the HAMB guy. Also took parts to Jerry the Sandblaster. So, along with helping my wife babysit our newest grandson (6 mos old) and his Husky I did get a few things done.

Got a DISCO party to go to next week.....would fit right in..... now.... where can I find some platform shoes.....????[S

Almost Matching Snap Brim Stroker Hat

SnapBrimHat.jpg

Wanna borrow my hat too? Unless of course, Tripper wants to use it:D.

(For those of you wondering what this is all about, go back to page 19 to see the hokey seats I'm using)

I found the paint color you need.
burberry-maserati-1.jpg

Bob you need to do something big and get lots of pics up to get your thread back on track - this plaid thing might get worse... :eek:

Bobw, I'm sure glad to see you are going "period correct", that's important. You sure came up with a pic of those plaid pants fast. Shame there's not enough room in that cab for a disco ball.

FiatInnerFenders005.jpg

Wow! Tripper posts hundreds of great pics from the Lone Star Roundup and I keep showing insulation. Anyway, I finished the second layer. It is EZ Cool foam inside of foil. Easy to work with and not expensive. All the seams are taped, some with mylar and the rest with foil tape.

Don't Worry Earthman!!!

FiatInnerFenders008.jpg

I got another foot farther along on the exhaust system. The offset pieces provide the needed clearance under the crossmember. Got the hangers installed too. When the truck is ready I'll drive it to the muffler shop for some nice tailpipes.
Notice, no mention of plaid.:D I read all about dying the seats & am looking forward to doing it. I need to select a body color so I can paint the dashboard and dye the seats in the same or a complimentary color.
I felt like crap today but am very motivated to get the truck on the road by mid-summer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back