1949 Business coupe update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you did the bodywork, might just as well make it shiny so it can be appreciated.

Yep, that's what I figure, Bob. It doesnt look much different from the last picture but there's a lot of hours in sanding since then. I got the whole car sanded and decided to pull the front clip apart rather than tape around everything that was black. I think the results will be better. I went ahead and patched the old trim holes at the bottoms of the fenders as that piece of trim is being eliminated. I'm off work tomorrow and hope to make some serious progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 36
Last pieces sanded; finished the hood, fenders, and primered the gravel pans. Now for a few nights of touch up to some nicks and scratches and I can start hanging plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 21
I need some of your ambition Pat! I haven't touched my 50 since getting back from out west. I did pull the A/C lines today so I can get them crimped...[cl

Yeah, but you do it for a living, John. I'd probably have a hard time being motivated on my own stuff if I did it all day, too. What's up with the killer Datsun?

Did it for a living. Cop now. Datsun is hibernating until I get the 50 running. Hope to get to it by spring. Until then I watch you work! [P

Thanks! One good thing about being an old gray haired dude is that the cops know your rebel days are pretty much gone. Most of the time they just smile and let you go on your way.

Here it is all unwrapped. There's a few spots of dirt to buff out and a couple minor runs to fix but all in all I think it looks pretty darn good. Next Im going to get some of the interior panels put back on and then get to work on getting the drivetrain ready to go in for good.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back