1949 Business coupe update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next order of business is to get the drivetrain ready to go back in. Ford has a fairly explicit recommended 60k and 120k service for these engines so I'm taking care of all that while it's out. Mostly it's getting new timing belt, outer gaskets and seals, cam seals, water pump, valve adjustment, and I'm checked bearing clearances.Everything looks really good but I'd rather check it while it's out. And it's getting a coat of paint, of course.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 43
The car looks awesome in paint [cl. And as a bonus, you now have a nice red floor :).
Been trying without luck to find a pic of a guy here in BC that has a Henry J with the same SHO V6, I always thought it makes for a kool powerplant.
Keep the good stuff coming...[P

Thanks! I always thought the SHO motors were pretty cool, too. They make more power than a lot of V8s made in the mid 90s. Plus they look like a mini hemi so a Mopar is a good landing spot!

I got the bottom end buttoned up; I went ahead and changed rod bearings as they were out of spec but the rest looked good. Today it got all new front and rear main seals, cam seals, and a timing belt. Not too much more to do before it gets set back in the chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 51
Lots of little tidbits done the past few days: I had a run in the door that was troublesome so decided to just konock it down with some 400 and reshoot the door. The rest is good. Scrubbed lots of dust and overspray off the frame, finished bolting a few more things on the motor, tore down the intake for paint/new gaskets, and got the flywheel/clutch/pressure plate lined out. When I bought the ranger 5 speed the guy gave me the clutch and pressure plate and said it had only been put in about 6 months before. It bolts right up to the SHO flywheel. The weird thing was that the entire pressure plate was packed with feathers and hay! The Ranger was a farm truck so I guess he used it around his chicken house. It took about two hours with an air hose and a long skinny screwdriver to get it all out.

Attachments

• IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 60
The Plymmie sure looks good in red. If I saw the car at a show I wouldn't have a clue what engine you had in it. That makes it extra cool.

Lots done today; drivetrain is bolted in for good (barring any unforseen disasters). I've got upper gaskets on the way, now I need to pick up some header wrap and get them wrapped and installed. I also saw a pretty cool video on how to build your own fuel injector cleaner. I'll be giving that a shot before too long. The car sat a while and the gas smelled funky so I want to make sure the injectors are clean and working before installing them. They go under the upper intake and a lot of stuff has to come off to get to them.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 55
Thanks! I had checked with them and a few others but decided to save a buck and try it myself. It seems pretty easy to build from the video. I dont have my intake gaskets yet but here's an idea of what it will look like assembled. I went ahead and put the door trim, handles, and door panels back on today. Hopefully I can get the headers knocked out this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back