1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two steps forward, one step back. Heat and a hammer.[S it's fixable. I'm getting carried away with perfection. [S

Time to move ahead, finish it and drive the hell out of it.

Hi ya Gold! I have read your entire build thread over the past two days! You do outstanding work! I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your posts. I have learned a lot from you, Torchie and DR. I plan to build a rat sometime in the near future, after retiring! You are the first I have seen, that didn't remove the body from the frame. Simply amazing............[cl

Thanks for the compliments Gizmo. I'm not sure about amazing. the body didn't come off because I don't have shop room to do it. It has some distinct disadvantages. I can't easily work on the bottom of the floor or the firewall. I keep telling my wife we need to buy a bigger garage and a smaller house:rolleyes:

Two steps forward, one step back. Heat and a hammer.[S it's fixable. I'm getting carried away with perfection. [S

Time to move ahead, finish it and drive the hell out of it.

The story of the Rat Rod build for sure!
You are making fine progress! And yes, that is one of my goals to have a polebarn that is larger than my house! Keep on moving forward!

If you ever get a chance to build what you want for a garage or barn, figure how big you want it and then build it twice that size.;)

Hi ya Gold! I have read your entire build thread over the past two days! You do outstanding work! I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your posts. I have learned a lot from you, Torchie and DR. I plan to build a rat sometime in the near future, after retiring! You are the first I have seen, that didn't remove the body from the frame. Simply amazing............[cl

I am honored indeed to be mentioned in the same sentence as these fine builders.
The Quality of the builds and the willingness to share information makes this site second to none .
Don't wait untill your retired Gizmo. Now is the time to start....
Torchie.

We are getting it here as well gold. Feels like January or February. Not early December.
Plus I am still waiting for Elvis (the wooden boat) to leave the building.
Stay warm Brother.
Torchie.

Hello Gold.
A couple of things; I've been following your thread and really enjoying it. It makes me want to be a cool fabricator one day. Keep on tinkering.
A friend phoned this morning looking for a 12' or 14' wooden grain box in pretty good shape and I thought of yours that you took off this truck. Is it that size and is it still available? He is not a hotrodder but he builds nice stuff, like a wonderful, stock '41 Plymouth coupe of his Dad's and many tractors. He wants to make a grain truck to go with his old Massey-Harris combine.

Good news!

I reinstalled the driver side window and... It goes up and down!!!![cl

That's kinda the acid test I think.

Now I need to chop the vent window. I don't see any major issue with the frame part. The glass will be interesting.[S

I haven't been on here much because it's to cold to work in the unseated shop, but not to cold to go out four wheeling with the Jeep. I have been pushing snow with the front bumper. Lotsa fun!

Merry Christmas every one!

Wondered where you have been.
One you get the frame done have a glass shop cut the glass for you. Really not expensive. They may even use your old piece but most likely not.
If you try to do it yourself with a grinder or belt sander be sure to use lots of water and proper protection.(Ask me how I know:rolleyes:)
Post some pics of the vent chop.

It's been cold in my garage as well but I have been making some progress;)
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Torchie.

I'm with you Mac. I told my wife to not plan anything for next week end because I will be in the shop!

I really need to get heat in there

I finally got to spend a little time on the truck. I have the driver side glass mocked up and the vent window frame chopped and mocked up. I need to do the vent window glass or have new ones cut.

I just need to know what order to properly reassemble the door.

Latest posts

Back