1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Torchie, hope you got Mama Torchie's mixing bowl
back in the house before she found out...

Lookin' good....[cl[cl

Not to worry forbigpicture. I used the kitchen table as my drafting board.So the bowl never left the kitchen.....[ddd

I like the nail trick.

This truck is truly a work of art.[cl

I learned the nail trick years ago. Usually used to fill holes where you can't get behind the metal to put in a piece. But in this case I did it this way eacause you can see the back side from the inside of the box and with my worthless hands it makes it easier to hold.:)
Don't know about a work of art though. I think that it took Michelangelo less time to paint the Sistine chapel.....

Looking good.
Glad to see your still at[cl
Thanks, another welding trick

Still at it soltz. Guess I didn't let the project hibernate as much as I thought this winter. Sitting here drinking coffee and watching the plow guy dig out my drive. Now I may have to actually go to town today.
Torchie

Love the nail trick and love the truck. I think this is about my favorite truck build on the forum. You have a great eye for balance and proportion and aren't afraid to do the work to move something an inch or so to get it right.

Thanks for all the kind words gang.:)
A couple of people have questioned the need to do all that work to the fender but to me the wheel just never did, or would look right sitting that far back into the fender.
At this rate the only panel left unmodified on the truck may be the tailgate and I may still smooth that out.:eek: :D
No shop time today as we are still down in the single digits temp wise.
Thanks for stopping by........
Torchie

Thanks for all the kind words gang.:)
A couple of people have questioned the need to do all that work to the fender but to me the wheel just never did, or would look right sitting that far back into the fender.
At this rate the only panel left unmodified on the truck may be the tailgate and I may still smooth that out.:eek: :D
Torchie

That is a good sense of proportions Torchie. [cl A good thing to have if building anything. That's why you see so many builds with something that doesn't look just right, but you can't put a finger on it. It's that sense of getting the proportions just right, even if it means moving something a inch or two. Sometimes that inch will make all the difference in the world between a smooth design and a hack job. You definitely have it![cl

That is a good sense of proportions Torchie. [cl A good thing to have if building anything. That's why you see so many builds with something that doesn't look just right, but you can't put a finger on it. It's that sense of getting the proportions just right, even if it means moving something a inch or two. Sometimes that inch will make all the difference in the world between a smooth design and a hack job. You definitely have it![cl

That seems especially true on a pickup, so many people just don't get the bed right, it's too short, too high, too low. That's why I had to change the wheelbase on my rpu. Since the bed was fairly short, I needed the tire to be centered on the bed. The wheelbase ended up a little too long over all at 110 but those small block Fords take up a lot of room, they are quite long, and it was a trade off to have the wheelbase a couple inches too long than to have the radiator any further forward or the back wheels not centered.

What you done Torchie, was absolutely necessary to make it look right.
If you were gonna run wider tires then it would not have been needed.
Forge on, this is one :cool: cool :cool: ride

As always gang. Thanks for providing the fuel to keep the fire burning.:D
I have been dealing with daily driver issue over the weekend and have just found out that the parts needed won't be here till Thursday.:eek:
Going to hitch a ride to the nursing home to visit Moms today and then back at the project.
Should have some good progress during the next week or so as the new mini starter will be here as well as my fuel pump block off plate and a few other goodies.
Getting closer to firing it up.:cool:[cl:D
Torchie

Moving forward.............Well sort of.:rolleyes:
Since this fender is all cut up I thought that I would do some rust repair before putting it all back together.
This area is the lower front of the fender where the running board bolts to it.
Cut out the old. Made a new patch. Gave it some curve to match. And then it all went to Guvna.(Which is Polish for s***)
Burnt about 3 holes thru the patch welding it on as well as dropping things more times than I can count. Of course that was the last of my sheet metal and one of the things that I dropped was my cut off wheel. Busting the last one of those as well.
Guess today's just not the day for it...........:mad:
Hoping for better tomorrow.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
Gotta hate it when Murphy's sitting on your shoulder causing grief. I kinda surprised he was bothering you as he hasn't left me alone for a month:rolleyes:

Break out the bass and do your rendition of the "Rat Shop Rag"...you know, one step forward and two steps back!

One of those days my friends.....
Even my leg didn't feel right when I put it on this morning.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Torchie

Latest posts

Back