1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done much lately but I did pick up some more supplies to move forward with.
Got the rusted out section that I cut out welded in. Going to use some round rod at the bottom and wrap the edge around it and then finish off welding AFTER my eye Drs appt.:eek: [ddd

Also think about going with a filled in nose like the last pic show. Very traditional for this type of custom as well as not costing $2000 for a chromed grill......:eek: The 2 side grills will be chrome.
Seems like this build is just always changing. Or maybe it's just me.......[S [dr :)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2065.jpg
    IMG_2065.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Torchie41FordPickUpGrilleRH01-vi.jpg
    Torchie41FordPickUpGrilleRH01-vi.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 50
I like the look with the grill filled in, might make a neat place for some custom pin stripping [S
It's not you it's just that these things are never really done, change is in the air all the time. I look at mine once a week and say to myself, "what if [S"
Hope all goes well at the eye doc.
Take care

Looking real Torchie, I really like the front end shot[cl

I really like the idea of the filled in front grille. It's going to look awesome and a lot less expensive !!!

-Chris

I like the looks with the panel in there... No cooling problems that way?

I like the look with the grill filled in, might make a neat place for some custom pin stripping [S
It's not you it's just that these things are never really done, change is in the air all the time. I look at mine once a week and say to myself, "what if [S"
Hope all goes well at the eye doc.
Take care

I like the filled grill also Torchie, patch panels look good.....

Thanks Gang......
Here are some pics courtesy of the Custom Car Chronicle site.
They show how some builders took care of the possible cooling issue when using a a closed or modified grill.
First 3 show a scoop or snorkle sticking out under the front of the car to aid in getting air to the radiator. The last Pic of the 3 is the famous Barris built 1941 Ford coupe owned by Jesse Lopez. It has a modified 1948 Cadillac Grill.
The scoop under this one is actually part of the freezer compartment from an old refrigerator. This car is currently being replicated by a guy down in Texas.

The last 2 pics show some 41's back in the day that had the smooth grill piece. The one on the left is the Wally Welch convertible that was built by the Ayala Brothers. As is the single pic as well.
This panel used to be available as an off the shelf aftermarket item. Most likely as rare as hens teeth now. So I will have to make mine.
More work for Daddy.........[;):D:cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• CCC-jack-calori-photo-album-23.jpg
    CCC-jack-calori-photo-album-23.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 22
  • CCC-jack-calori-photo-album-25.jpg
    CCC-jack-calori-photo-album-25.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 23
  • P1300125-vi.jpg
    P1300125-vi.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 24
  • CCC-ayala-wally-welch-41-ford-17.jpg
    CCC-ayala-wally-welch-41-ford-17.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 24
  • CCC-ayala-wally-welch-41-ford-16.jpg
    CCC-ayala-wally-welch-41-ford-16.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Gang......
Here are some pics courtesy of the Custom Car Chronicle site.
They show how some builders took care of the possible cooling issue when using a a closed or modified grill.
First 3 show a scoop or snorkle sticking out under the front of the car to aid in getting air to the radiator. The last Pic of the 3 is the famous Barris built 1941 Ford coupe owned by Jesse Lopez. It has a modified 1948 Cadillac Grill.
The scoop under this one is actually part of the freezer compartment from an old refrigerator. This car is currently being replicated by a guy down in Texas.

The last 2 pics show some 41's back in the day that had the smooth grill piece. The one on the left is the Wally Welch convertible that was built by the Ayala Brothers. As is the single pic as well.
This panel used to be available as an off the shelf aftermarket item. Most likely as rare as hens teeth now. So I will have to make mine.
More work for Daddy.........[;):D:cool:
Torchie

Go out to the city dump and find an old Kirby vacuum cleaner, would make a great vintage scoop!!

wow the car front end looks awesomo, and when you said filled grille I thought you meant the two smaller ones, but that filled center one looks unexpectedly great!

Prep'd the rear fender and repaired flange for welding today.
The two pieces are now overlapped and sheet screwed together. I will make a new, clean cut thru both layers of metal and butt weld as I go. This will most likely wait until Tuesday as I go for my eye injections on Monday. Eye sight is usually greatly improved the next day.
Also finally got my mini starter today and installed that as well.
Slow progress but progress none the less.
Thanks for hanging in there with me........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 16
Hey Torchie, Looking good! The overlap, cut then weld works well hey? No matter how bad my cut is it is lined up[cl

Are you are getting injections for macular degeneration?

I'm fighting a bronchitis again so not going near the grinder for a bit.:(

Hey Torchie, Looking good! The overlap, cut then weld works well hey? No matter how bad my cut is it is lined up[cl

Are you are getting injections for macular degeneration?

I'm fighting a bronchitis again so not going near the grinder for a bit.:(

My cuts are pretty bad on this one Gold......:eek:
The shots are for that as well as hemoraging in the blood vessels in my eyes. Too many years of diabetes and High blood pressure Gold. If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my self......:rolleyes:
Torchie

My cuts are pretty bad on this one Gold......:eek:
The shots are for that as well as hemoraging in the blood vessels in my eyes. Too many years of diabetes and High blood pressure Gold. If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my self......:rolleyes:
Torchie

Isn't that the truth! [S not sure where the old guy in my mirror came from.

Latest posts

Back