1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm officially jealous! :eek: I so want to find a pair of 49 Plymouth bumpers for my car! [dr Got a line on a set, just got to get back with the guy who told me about them to get the other guy's number.[cl

Get as good a set as you can Bama. The cost of redoing these are $$$$$$$. That's why I ended up buying this one. The set that I have has the brackets that I will use but the rear bumper is really banged up. I'm not sure that the guy that gave them to me didn't pick the car up by the back bumper.
I pass a rough looking 49 Plymouth almost every day but the bumpers still look decent and not all banged up. I may have to stop and see if it's available.
Torchie

Wow... just ...wow!!!

I too joined the envious crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the crowd grows bigger........love to have a set of those
for my 40'[cl[cl

Glad you guys like my rear bumper.[ddd :D
The front ones on it's way.:cool:
Tomorrow will be spent putting down the new flooring in the remodeled area plus it is supposed to go down to 7 degrees here tonight so it doesn't exactly make me want to run out to the shop and work.:eek:
Torchie

You must live in the north pole !!?
Have fun with the kitchen! !!

As promised. The front bumper arrived today. Now we have a pair.[cl
As far as the weather goes........blah. Picture tells the whole story.
Also some before and after shots of the remodel. The lovely Mrs Torchie doing her best 1960 Amanna Radar Range pose.:eek: :D
Stay warm and thanks for looking in.......Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25
As promised. The front bumper arrived today. Now we have a pair.[cl
As far as the weather goes........blah. Picture tells the whole story.
Also some before and after shots of the remodel. The lovely Mrs Torchie doing her best 1960 Amanna Radar Range pose.:eek: :D
Stay warm and thanks for looking in.......Torchie

And the Crowd Go's Wild !!![cl

Ok....I'm wondering...

Did Mrs. Torchie get that new range so you could get those new bumpers??? and By the way....all three are looking good!! The bumpers...the range and the Mrs......lol :D

Did Mrs. Torchie get that new range so you could get those new bumpers??? and By the way....all three are looking good!! The bumpers...the range and the Mrs......lol :D

If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...:D

No. Yes and yes to the above.......:D
Taking a look at the before and after pics makes me realize how trashed the kitchen/dinning area in our trailer was. 1990's Blue shag carpet and real cheap shiny vinyl flooring that I have slipped on more than once.:eek: I managed to sell off some stuff to finance the remodel and to put some bread towards the truck build as well.[cl
The new stove is the big luxury as we were going to use the old one but as I told Mrs Torchie keeping the old stove would be like wearing new shoes with old nasty shoe laces.[ddd Plus the old hood no longer worked either.
Now when I'm gone the place should be in good shape.
As for the bumpers......When I started out checking prices to get the ones I have straightened and chromed I just about stroked out. Picked up both of these fore about a 1/3 of the price of getting mine redone.
It's nice to have the resources to get a bargain when you see it.
Torchie.

Been a rough 2 days as my Mother passed away yesterday. She had a long and well lived life and passed peacefully.
On a brighter note........
The remodel is about 98% finished with only a few pieces of treim left to cut and install.
And the parts collection continues. These all arrived in the past few days.
A really nice stock 41 Ford grill. I am really pleased at the condition of the chrome given the price that I paid.:D Plus it has all the brackets and the upper latch plate as well.
Since I found this one the thought of doing the smooth nose is on the back burner.
A pair of of the smooth style headlight bezels.
And a pair of repro 41-48 Chevrolet tail lights with glass lenses and blue dots.
Hopefully things will settle down now and I can get all the construction debris out of the garage and get back to work on the custom.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2259.jpg
    IMG_2259.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2260.jpg
    IMG_2260.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 13