1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the kind words gang. Going over to the medical Facility today to pick up Moms things.
It's interesting what we learn from our parents and how we look at them as kids and then as we grow up. My Mom was a single parent that worked and raised 3 children including her youngest that was a car nut from an early age.:D
She let me buy my first car with my paper route money when I was 14 years old figuring that it would be better for me to be out in the garage working on it then out running the streets.:)
$60 for a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster 4 door. Not exactly the coolest car in the world but to me it was the nuts.
The day that I got it home I was out climbing all over it checking it over when Mom rolled up the drive, home from work.
She got out of her car and came over to inspect my prize. Mom opened up the back doors and climbed in. She sat there for a while and I could see her messing with the personal assist straps (The leather loops that hung from the C pillar to help passengers get in the back).
Then Mom says to me."This car is pretty Deluxe. It's got heal hangers and everything.":eek: :cool:
You could have knocked me down with a feather.......
Torchie

The loss of our parents is harder for those of us that had great ones.
I still find it hard some days even after four years.
Remember the good times.

Sorry for your loss. Even with a long life its still a hit in the gut to loose a loved one. Prayers to you my friend.

That grill looks great.

Got back from picking up Moms belongings and these had arrived.[cl :D
The wheel cover is the first of 2. This is the rare 1947-48-49.... Cadillac Sombrero wheel cover. What makes it rare is the fact that it is from the series 75 chassis that were used for limos. Hearses and ambulances. So it fits on a 16" rim
No center ring or medallion but I may be modify the center anyway.
No dings or curb rash but it will need a chroming anyway.
Pics of the skirts that I am using. 1942-48 Lincoln style. Got them from Agape Auto where they make them to order. Really nice quality and a good price.:cool:
Going to take the rest of the day to catch my breath then out in the shop tomorrow to start cleaning.
Thanks for checking up on me..........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 15
Now that things are settling down to a dull roar I managed to get out to the shop today and start to clean up the mess. Should have the custom back in the main area tomorrow and back to working on it soon.
Meanwhile........
Here is a pic of the 2nd Cadillac sombrero. This one has the center medallion and inner trim ring. I found a guy out in las vegas that has the medallions and the trim rings as well as some of the 16" sombrero wheel covers. But given the fact that my part buying $$$ have been depleted I am going to use a chrome bullet center on the wheel covers instead of the stock medallions.
I will not have to modify the cover at all so when I come up with the bread for another center emblem I can just pull the bullets and add the Medallion.

Pic 1. The stock 1947 Cadillac wheel cover for the 16" rims.
Pic 2. The chrome "Bullet" that I am using. Not too tall.
Pics 3-4. This is the look that I will be going for.
Pic 5. These are the 1941 Ford beauty rings that I will be using to mount the Caddy sombreros to the Ford rim.
I will show more about that later.
I hope to post pics of the truck moved back into the main shop area tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2287.jpg
    IMG_2287.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2286.jpg
    IMG_2286.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2288.jpg
    IMG_2288.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 16
Looks like you have a plan [cl :cool: [P

As one of the first real chefs that I worked for used to say OI."Plan your work and work your plan."[cl:D

That bullet looks real good on those hubcaps. I like it better than the emblem.

Thanks sc. That emblem and the inner trim ring go for about $100.00 :eek:
I've got $12.00 into the bullet.:D

Torchie

Torchie, Torchie, Torchie, why do you want to throw away two perfectly good, paid for, COOL, bullets and save up to buy an off brand medallion? ------ I was thinking of raising my voice on this one, but instead I'll just give you a stern look.

Torchie, Torchie, Torchie, why do you want to throw away two perfectly good, paid for, COOL, bullets and save up to buy an off brand medallion? ------ I was thinking of raising my voice on this one, but instead I'll just give you a stern look.

Don't worry Mac. Going to stick with the bullets.:eek: :cool:
Well as promised.......
Pulled the custom out from behind the blue curtain today with a little help from my buddy.[cl [cl [cl
Just a teaser shot of the rear fender with the skirt on.
I still have a spot of rust repair to do to this one then a bunch of hammer and dolly work. This rear fender is in the worst shape of the 2 as far as dents and dings go.
Also pulled off the PS rear fender in preparation of narrowing that one.
Got most of my parts stash put in one place and did some more cleaning in the shop as well.
All in all a good day.
Thanks for looking in on me.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg