1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna look funny walking around in one new boot [ddd

Thanks for the replies Gang.

Funny story OI.....
I was walking thru a store one time in shorts and a guy saw me and said " Hey man. Your socks don't match" as I was wearing a dark one on my real leg and the white one that never gets changed on my peg leg. I replied. "Neither do my legs" as I kept on walking.......[ddd
My leg guys does custom lamination for his clients if that want. He has put some interesting things on people legs. Skulls and crossbones seems to be a popular one.[S :D
Torchie.

Great story!!!

Thanks for the replies Gang.

Funny story OI.....
I was walking thru a store one time in shorts and a guy saw me and said " Hey man. Your socks don't match" as I was wearing a dark one on my real leg and the white one that never gets changed on my peg leg. I replied. "Neither do my legs" as I kept on walking.......[ddd
My leg guys does custom lamination for his clients if that want. He has put some interesting things on people legs. Skulls and crossbones seems to be a popular one.[S :D
Torchie.

Does he do flame jobs??? ;)

Does he do flame jobs??? ;)

He most likely would have but as this new leg was sort of an unplanned for event, time was the most pressing issue. I have seen a few of his done with the Harley logo as well as numerous sports teams stuff

How about faux rust! Probably a bad idea, may look like you peed down your leg:eek:

Agreed bruno. I don't need any help looking stranger than I already do.:eek:
I never wore shorts until I got the leg chopped. Now I wear them all the time because they are more comfortable and don't get hung up on the joint and corset part of the leg. Plus I often wear a brace on my real leg and the shorts make it easier to put on and take off.
As my dear old Grand Pappy used to say say. "It's a great life if you don't weaken".
Torchie.

Last edited:
Carbon fiber wrap??[;)

The leg pylon is carbon fiber jfg455. Not sure on the stump recepticle its self. I'll have to ask.
My first recepticle years ago was made up of Kevlar. Lasted about 2months?
Cracked it off at the bottom.:eek:
Since then i have routinely broken previously considered "Unbreakable" things such as Titainium bolts. and stainless steel pylons. Steel ankle systems and even a carbon fiber pylon. Not to mention the many foot and heel combos that I have burned thru.
Not that I'm bragging about it. It's just the nature of mechanical things.They wear out and break. And it's not like I try to do it.
I just an average guy who doesn't want to sit around the rest of his life and watch TV.
Torchie.

Lets get this build back on track.

In an effort to get this build back on track most of tomorow will be spent getting this mess organized.
Every thing got shoved into the back of the shop so That I could get the daily drivers in out of the snow and the snow plowers way.
Time to get organized !!!!
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 39
I have no amount of organizational skills. I can clean the area before starting to work for a day and end up with more crap around than I started with....

Makin' messes is a lot easier.

I have company coming Turkey week, so I need to clean up the shop. Shop kinda' friends are the best! We're gona' do some serious welding. He's a pro. I might even learn something.[cl

Love the, "my legs don't match either..." LMAO![cl

In an effort to get this build back on track most of tomorow will be spent getting this mess organized.
Time to get organized !!!!
Torchie.

EASY THERE BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's not rush into anything.
That seems to be my theory lately.
Glad you're back at it brother.

small diversion...

The leg pylon is carbon fiber jfg455. Not sure on the stump recepticle its self. I'll have to ask.
My first recepticle years ago was made up of Kevlar. Lasted about 2months?
Cracked it off at the bottom.:eek:
Since then i have routinely broken previously considered "Unbreakable" things such as Titainium bolts. and stainless steel pylons. Steel ankle systems and even a carbon fiber pylon. Not to mention the many foot and heel combos that I have burned thru.
Not that I'm bragging about it. It's just the nature of mechanical things.They wear out and break. And it's not like I try to do it.
I just an average guy who doesn't want to sit around the rest of his life and watch TV.
Torchie.

<- this so sounds like me! Breaking the unbreakable

Now, I must say, You are such a trooper for pressing on, a real motivator to me! :D Keep up the good work!

EASY THERE BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's not rush into anything.
That seems to be my theory lately.
Glad you're back at it brother.

POPS you must be clairvoyant ......
Nothing good here to report. After getting the new leg I found that being off it for almost a month has taken it's toll. Very slow in getting back to walking strength. Plus with this new style of foot it makes driving my car harder as well.
And just add insult to injury my heart issues have come back to the forefront. Lots of chest discomfort and very high BP.
So all in all things just kind of suck.:eek:
My daughters in an effort to help me realize my dream of getting this project finished set up some sort of a "Crowdfund" site but since I don't have a lot of internet presence hard to say how well that will go.
Rest assured that even though I'm not currently working on my project I will be hanging around and adding my 2 cents to all of yours.
Thanks for looking in.....
Torchie.

Hang in there, your health is the most important thing right now. The garage isn't going anywhere. Do what I've been doing, spending a lot of time on the computer, stock piling parts so when I'm back in shape i'll have all kinds of things to do to my truck.

Yup, take her easy buddy! Now's the time to be sitting there with pencil and sketch pad in hand, figuring all those little things out in your head and have a clear picture when the build goes on...

POPS you must be clairvoyant ......
Nothing good here to report. After getting the new leg I found that being off it for almost a month has taken it's toll. Very slow in getting back to walking strength. Plus with this new style of foot it makes driving my car harder as well.
And just add insult to injury my heart issues have come back to the forefront. Lots of chest discomfort and very high BP.
So all in all things just kind of suck.:eek:
My daughters in an effort to help me realize my dream of getting this project finished set up some sort of a "Crowdfund" site but since I don't have a lot of internet presence hard to say how well that will go.
Rest assured that even though I'm not currently working on my project I will be hanging around and adding my 2 cents to all of yours.
Thanks for looking in.....
Torchie.

I'll be praying for you Torchie. I don't know what a "crowdfund site" is but if I can help I would be glad to.
Keep your head up and be positive in your day to days and things will turn around for you I'm sure.
God bless you brother.

Hang in there, your health is the most important thing right now. The garage isn't going anywhere. Do what I've been doing, spending a lot of time on the computer, stock piling parts so when I'm back in shape i'll have all kinds of things to do to my truck.

That's exactly what I've been doing since my surgery Bruno. I need to be get back to it tho cause I'm going broke buying parts.

What a bunch of old wore out farts we seem to have turned into. It sure sneaks up on you in a hurry. Here's to better days!!!!!!!

I'll drink to that!!!

Here's to better days....:D
yep.....need to take care of yourself Torchie....gotta pace yourself...as was said, the garage will be there when you feel up to it...thoughts are with ya...

I'll be praying for you Torchie. I don't know what a "crowdfund site" is but if I can help I would be glad to.
Keep your head up and be positive in your day to days and things will turn around for you I'm sure.
God bless you brother.

That's exactly what I've been doing since my surgery Bruno. I need to be get back to it tho cause I'm going broke buying parts.

What a bunch of old wore out farts we seem to have turned into. It sure sneaks up on you in a hurry. Here's to better days!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts and prayers gang. Like many of us I have experienced the "High's" and "Low's" of life's roller coaster ride just seems like this "Low" has been going on a long time. I have been monitoring the heart issues and reporting the results to my Cardiologist. Most likely a heart cath is in my future.
As far as the "Crowdfund" goes POPS I just call it internet "Panhandling". Which really PO my daughters.:D They look at it as a "Pay it Forward" kind of deal and apparently a fairly common thing these days.
I'm at the point were I need some funds to move forward with the project and they came up with this. Their thought being that over the course of my life I have helped many people and now it is my turn. Asking for help is not some thing I do well as I have always been the person that people go to for help.
Here is a link to it and by no means does anyone need to feel obligated. And if this offends anyone here on RRR just say the word and it's gone.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/traditional-custom-truck-build

Torchie

Yes, the Docs keep patching us up, thankfully. You will get all the health problems solved and be back in the game soon, I feel.

I sure admire your skill and your drive.

Latest posts

Back