1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a bad habit of demolishing Ford 3-gears. I got pretty good at rebuilding them. Those gears look mighty fine for their age. :D

Got the misc stuff and have put the gear sets from the 48 Ford side shift case into the 50 F-1 light truck 3 spd case. Every thing fits like it is supposed too.[cl
Now that the tricky stuff is done time for a little break as my back is really acting up plus I need to get the gasket sealer I forgot this morning. :rolleyes:
Plan is to still have this baby closed up by this evening. So stay tuned.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
Indeed

Torchie, remember that time is relevant, "what doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow"

Backs are some what important to a build [cl

Pace it brother :D

Torchie, remember that time is relevant, "what doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow"

Backs are some what important to a build [cl

Pace it brother :D

True words Brother. I went back out and got into a fight with a 70 year old grease seal and the seal won. So that's it for tonight.
Drs first thing in the morning and then picking up some more parts. New water pump. Throw out bearing and hopefully the engine gasket kit.
Thanks for visiting and see you all tomorrow....
Torchie.

I feel your pain Torchie, I recency had a argument with a 85 year old snap ring. I'm going back and apologize tomorrow and see if we can work something out. trans looks good. Tobby

Torchie, thatr's a lost art. Hopefully you can teach a young one ttrans rebuilding.

Last edited:
That's as clean a tranny as I've ever seen.

Thanks OI. As I said my concern was with the the 48 side shift as those were the gear sets that I was going to use. The trans came from a junk yard car nearby me so I didn't really know the history behind it.

orchie, thatr's a lost art. Hopefully you can teach a young one ttrans rebuilding.

Had a youngster helping out with the heavy lifting bob (Pounding out the cross shaft for the throw out bearing fork) .*Just like when I taught Jazz classes at one of the local High Schools I always work at passing on the knowledge. My theory is that there are people that want to learn and then people that just want to know. He seems to be one that wants to learn.:D
Hope you are doing good as well bob.
Torchie

Trans is done and back together. Goes thru the gears so I must have done something right.
Waiting on the throw out bearing that will get here today. My guy had it but apparently it's the same as the one in a JD crawler. Some one came in looking for one and was amazed that my guy had one in stock.:eek: :D
Going to start running the brake lines this evening.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
Didn't get as much done tonight as I had hoped. But, progress none the less.
Got the throw out bearing and pressed it on to the carrier and installed it with the new spring. Now the Trans id done.[cl [cl
Started working on the brake lines. Front lines are bent and installed. Back ones are yet to be done.
Tomorrow looks like a clean up day. My back is still giving me fits. I started phys therapy today in hopes of getting some strength back as well as helping with my back issues. The young therapist was somewhat overwhelmed after spending 45 minutes with me talking about all that's wrong.:eek: To help put her at ease I told her that what we were doing was akin to Peeing on a forest fire to try and put it out. At least I got a laugh out of her.:D
Thanks for stopping in and see you all soon......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
Now that the trans is done I am working at getting the engine degreased and ready for paint. Nothing too photo worthy.
As a side note. I did play a gig with the big band that I was the leader of for 16 years last night. First gig with them in 3 years. I used to play stand up bass with this group, but that is me sitting on the left end of the trombone section.
Always good to catch up with old friends.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1058.JPG
    IMG_1058.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back