1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the boring stuff...

But it's got to be done.
Pile of engine parts degreased and getting ready to paint.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 21
Musta been a good feeling sitting in with the old band are there any Youtubes of the group?

I don't think so bob. The group has been going since 1996. We used to rehearse in the retail area of my bakery. The band really like the day old doughnuts.:eek:[dr
We play all the great songs from the Big Band era. Ellington. Basie. Miller Goodman, etc.
Torchie

Single color on those valve covers or are you gonna snazz them up Torchie?

Most likely a little bit of snazzy smallfoot.;)

Sir, you are a man of many talents! Next time you play with those guys get a young'n to video you and throw it on YouTube. :cool:

Hope the PT helps the back, the truck is coming along great!

I hope the PT helps as well snake. I have a hard enough time walking as it is.:eek:
Not sure if I will be playing again or not.They would really like me back on bass. The back has got to get better first.
Like you and many others on here I have done lots of different things and have many varied interests. Helps me keep from getting bored.....:D
Torchie

Slow and steady may not win the race but it gets the job done.
That cleaning for paint is tedious but a necessary evil. Stay after it.
What is this ''snazzy'' thing you speak of.

Slow and steady may not win the race but it gets the job done.
That cleaning for paint is tedious but a necessary evil. Stay after it.
What is this ''snazzy'' thing you speak of.

Will most likely pick out the "Olds Rocket" That's stamped on the valve covers in a contrasting color POPS. And maybe a few other things.;)

Had one of my "Wants to learn" youngsters over tonight and put him to work on the grill. As you can see from the pics it is trashed but the outer frame is still good. These things aren't repro'd anymore and the org ones start at a couple of hundred bucks for junk so lets see what we can do to make this one work.
Broke out the 1/4 inch rod and put him to the task. Good practice as it is only tac welding plus it will be painted any way so there is some room to fix mistakes if they happen.
Looking good so far.[cl
Thanks for visiting.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 23
Hey Torchie, I need a favour. I need to know the diameter (outside) of the box edge roll, as well as how tall is the piece between the bottom of the box side roll and the angle on the top of the box. Essentially I need the dimensions of the box side rail. I can get the angle off of the box front I bought.

I have a buddy who might be able to make my box sides with the tube rolled just like factory.

Thanks in advance if you can get that.

Hey Torchie, I need a favour. I need to know the diameter (outside) of the box edge roll, as well as how tall is the piece between the bottom of the box side roll and the angle on the top of the box. Essentially I need the dimensions of the box side rail. I can get the angle off of the box front I bought.

I have a buddy who might be able to make my box sides with the tube rolled just like factory.

It might a day or so gold but I will get back with you brother.
Torchie

Here you go gold.
Pic 1-2. Outside diameter of the roll is 1-3/8 inches. and as the pic shows the roll is not closed.
Pic 3-4. if you lay your tape on the top of the roll and measure down to where the bend for the angle is you get 4-3/4 inches.
Pic 5. From the bend where the angle starts to the point where the roll starts is 4-1/4 inches.
Hope this helps.
I leave it to you to make the conversion to metric.:D
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
Hey Torchie, thanks for the info. I've been to busy to get anything done lately, but it's still on my mind.

Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back