1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bed was the deal of the day for sure. When the seller told me the price and who made it I looked them up on line and just about s#$% myself.
My friend got it shipped to me thru his job so there was no cost.[cl
The whole deal just kind of fell into place.:)
Lots of red on the engine but once I start to bolt the parts back on it will help to break it up.
I had the paint left over from when My daughter and I painted the roof of her 60 Chevy. Just couldn't see spending money if I didn't have too.
The plan is to get it off the stand and mated with the adapter and trans on Thurs. So stay tuned......
Torchie

Will you be painting the Oldsmobile script with a different color?
I cast the first vote for this :cool:

1956_Oldsmoible_Rocket_88_Batmobile_engine.jpg

Will you be painting the Oldsmobile script with a different color?
I cast the first vote for this :cool:

1956_Oldsmoible_Rocket_88_Batmobile_engine.jpg

Gold over Red would be good [cl

But red over red is ok too

A couple of mind readers...........:D
I will be picking out the lettering on the valve covers but not sure on the color yet. I like the stock green Olds color like OI shows in his pic but with a half a gallon of the red just sitting there I couldn't justify it.(I know. I'm cheap :eek: ).:)

The lettering will either be a deep gold which I have from restoring those old Johnson outboards or the body color which I am still in debate over. I will have to decide soon as I need to paint the firewall before I install the engine and trans.
I will give a hint though. I am leaning towards a stock Ford color. ;)
Torchie

Gold will look great on the red! You need to give the guy who sold you that bed a big sloppy kiss right on the lips:D

Gold will look great on the red! You need to give the guy who sold you that bed a big sloppy kiss right on the lips:D

You said it bruno.:D
I always hear about the guy that just falls into some kind of sweet deal but truthfully have never really had that happen to me. I guess it was just my turn.:D [cl :cool:
And just as a tease. This is the color I am thinking about using.

Attachments

• Ford-Phaeton-Convertible-washington-blue-w-tan-top-1936-04H5N475010495A.jpg
    Ford-Phaeton-Convertible-washington-blue-w-tan-top-1936-04H5N475010495A.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 19
Gold on the letters, Washington blue on the outside with gold pinstriping![cl See, I just solved your color match problem! :D Keep at it Torchie, this is starting to get good! [P

Gold on the letters, Washington blue on the outside with gold pinstriping![cl See, I just solved your color match problem! :D Keep at it Torchie, this is starting to get good! [P

Thanks Bama:) And it's only taken how many pages......;)
One of my favorite quotes from from one of my favorite artists Ed "Big Daddy Roth" goes something like this. Nothing like seeing a car in primer. It's like looking at a blank canvas. Anything is possible.
There you have it.............
Torchie

Nice work Torchie....I like that blue a lot....great choice...:D

Thanks Sgt. It's not really a color associated with customs such as Maroon, Emerald green,Black etc. But I really like it and have been wanting to paint something with it for a long time. Plus with it being non-metallic I can panel paint and have it all match.
Looking at doing a Ivory or deep red color for the upholstery. That has yet to be pinned down.
Torchie

believe it or not, I painted a 54 Ford that color...

Thanks Sgt. It's not really a color associated with customs such as Maroon, Emerald green,Black etc. But I really like it and have been wanting to paint something with it for a long time. Plus with it being non-metallic I can panel paint and have it all match.
Looking at doing a Ivory or deep red color for the upholstery. That has yet to be pinned down.
Torchie

One of my very first attempts to paint a car....in my parents driveway....came out ok but the bugs and flys didn't fare very well....lol....they went with the car when I sold it...:D

Yesterday afternoon and evening.....

Finished up welding in the filler piece on the DS front fender. Gave it a quick swipe with thefiller and shot some primer on it. Also started toweld up the inner panel for the same fender. With the cab being channeled 6" the innere fender panel needed to be modified as well to fit.
After dinner I tackled the job of mating the trand and adapter to the Olds engine.
Took the engine off the stand and Got the Hydramatic "Flex plate" removed. Went to pull out the pilot bearing to put in the one for the Ford trans and it didn't want to come out.
tried all the usual tricks with no luck soI had to devise a puller. Torched a hole in a piece of angle and ran a bolt thru it and into the pilot bearing. Being bronze i was able to thread in the bolt. With the angle up against the block housing I tightened down the bolt and it drew out the bearing.[cl
New bearing and flywheel will go on tonight.
Thanks for visiting...............
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
Just finished doing a trial fitting of all the pieces/parts while I wait for the flywheel to come back from getting a little trim.
Most likely I will regret wrestling in that trans by my self come tomorrow morning.[ddd
Pic 1 shows the bearing puller that I cobbled together.
See you all later.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back