1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, I'm glad you changed the pilot bushing to one that's the right size. I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Always check the size of your pilot bushing against the size of the pilot shaft, don't assume it'll work out, just because you're a flaming optimist.
Keep on tinkering.

Torchie, I'm glad you changed the pilot bushing to one that's the right size. I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Always check the size of your pilot bushing against the size of the pilot shaft, don't assume it'll work out, just because you're a flaming optimist.
Keep on tinkering.

Indeed Mac. This one was provided with the Wilcap adapter that I am using. Along with all the assorted grade 8 bolts and fasteners. Nice product and they have been around as a company for a long time.
Torchie

As Count Basie used to say.......

"One more once:.......;)
Pics 1-4. Got the flywheel back and installed. Clutch and pressure plate on. Install the Wilcap adapter. Add the trans and there you are.[cl
Pics 5-10. One giant leap for Torchie. :) :) :) :)
Engine and trans installed.
My back is killing me. My stump is sore. But I'm a happy camper tonight. Thanks to my 2 friends for lending a MUCH needed hand.[cl
See you all tomorrow.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
Between the ill fitting leg and the back issues that are being caused by the ill fitting leg not much progress in the last 2 days. Just sitting in the shop at the bench putting things away.
I see the arterial surgeon tomorrow for a evaluation on the artery in the real leg.Still working at avoiding a bypass on that leg.
We will see if the current diet plan along with the 77lb weight loss has had a positive effect on my internals yet.:)
More tomorrow......
Torchie

Drs appt. went well....

He's still in the "Hold off" mode for the leg bypass surgery. Bad numbers are starting to back down. [cl Back to see him in Sept.:)
List off odds and ends to do last night.
Got most of them then my back and leg said"We've*had enough":eek:
Going to work at getting the clutch linkage done today. It's the toughest thing on the list due to having to get up and down off the floor and under the truck.
I will take a phone with me in case I need to call for help getting back up.[ddd ;)
If you look close at the pics of the fuel pump you may notice that I rotated the bottom section so that the fuel lines clear the motor mounts. Old hot rodder trick.:cool:
Thanks for checking up on me......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
Good move on the fuel pump! Man, that short list looks good. You still amaze me at the amount of work you've done in spite of the setbacks[cl

Glad your check up went so well. Keep at it, you're doing all the good in the world.

Your old truck just keeps getting better all the time. Stay after it!! That first ride is going to be happening before you know it.

Great news on the Dr.'s visit! [cl

You'll have to use a engine crane to put that fuel pump on, that's a big sucka!:eek: Looks like it has a vacuum pump on top?

Great news on the Dr.'s visit! [cl

You'll have to use a engine crane to put that fuel pump on, that's a big sucka!:eek: Looks like it has a vacuum pump on top?

It does indeed Bama. It's known as a 2 stage style pump. Top vacuum as well as fuel pump. I may not be able to use it due to the glass bowl coming REAL close to the front cross member.
Here is a pic of the same setup on a Merc. With the longer wheelbase on the Merc pump clearance for the cross member is not an issue. But on my Ford frame it is.
May either have to run an electric with a block off plate or a new replacement pump without the glass bowl.
Torchie

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 22
I spent the better(or worse) part of the day on the phone doing battle against the forces of evil(Insurance company). But I still managed to bolt some things back on to the engine. Also fab'd up a oil filler tube as the one from the engine was missing.
Did all this from the wheel chair as the leg was giving me fits today. They also have put my PT on hold because as my therapist said. "It's hurts me to watch you walk so I can only imagine how it makes you feel":eek:
Off to the leg store in the morning in hopes of them being able to do something to my current leg to get me thru till the new leg is ready.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 21
Nice! When you gonna be ready to fire the beast?
You are the best example of determination I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Hope you can get some relief Bud.

Latest posts

Back