1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My $.02 says the hood chrome needs to be thinner and longer but you are definitely on the right track with it...You want me to send you some MGB side trim? It's stainless, about 1/2" wide and the front fender ones are probably about 3.5' long each. They mount with a simple T bolt. I'd donate them to the cause.

Thanks for the generous offer jfg.:eek:
I'll send you a pm.
Torchie

Here is a pic that Rik from CCC did with some chrome trim.
I don't like it on the door but the hood trim is longer and narrower than what I showed.
Torchie

Attachments

• Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH05-vi.jpg
    Torchie41FordPickUpSideRH05-vi.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 45
Better than nothing....

Not much progress the last couple of days.
I did drill the access hole for the MC in anticipation of finishing up the brake lines on Wed. night. The rubber cover is a stock 41 Ford piece.
You can see the light tracks were the hole saw skittered when I broke off the pilot bit.:eek:
That 16 gauge floor is pretty tough.
See you later........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 27
Here is a pic that Rik from CCC did with some chrome trim.
I don't like it on the door but the hood trim is longer and narrower than what I showed.
Torchie
Can I poke my nose in this chrome strip discussion? Thanks!

I think the narrow spear idea looks great, BUT... I think it would look even greater if it blended into the part of the wide piece that has the FORD text in it. I'm envisioning a rather quick sweep up in front of the fat area, then back down to the narrow again.

I know it would be a pain to do, but if anyone can do it, its Torchie.

Thanks for all the thoughts about the chrome strip on the hood. No decisions in that regards yet and I still have to pm jfg about his generous offer.
Had a hectic week last week as we lost the 2nd dog in a month as well as my 87 year old Mom going in for a heart procedure. Hopefully life will settle down for a while.
Brakes were supposed to be done by now but my promised help has yet to materialize.
But on the plus side. These 2 bumpers showed up today. The very traditional swap using 49 Plymouth ribbed bumpers.:D
Front one is fairly straight but the back one will need some work.
That's it for now...........
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
Is that the set that was for sale on the HAMB? I saw a set on there and thought about trying to get them for my Lincoln, but just didn't have the extra money.

All that glare is gonna have you wearing shades all the time....jk Torchie! Should look pretty snazzy with those bumps...

Is that the set that was for sale on the HAMB? I saw a set on there and thought about trying to get them for my Lincoln, but just didn't have the extra money.

These came from a friends farm Bama. Been waiting almost 2 years to get them. I hear you on the money issue brother. These were a donation to the cause.....:D I saw the set on the Hamb and I think there was a rechromed set on there or e-bay as well $$$$$$$

I like the looks of those bumpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1949 Plymouth ribbed bumpers OI Very common swap on 41-48 Fords back in the day. As well as the "Shoe box" years. Here is a pic of a front bumper on one of my favorite 41 Ford customs.

All that glare is gonna have you wearing shades all the time....jk Torchie! Should look pretty snazzy with those bumps...
Funny you should mention shades smallfoot. Just got back from my eye injections and I am wearing shades as we speak.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• attachment-4.jpg
    attachment-4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 26
Torchie, does it take two years to grow those bumpers on your
friends farm????? and did he dent them up when he plowed them
up????:D:D:D

Just funnin' with you.....always loved those bumpers ....lookin' goooood!!!!!

Torchie, does it take two years to grow those bumpers on your
friends farm????? and did he dent them up when he plowed them
up????:D:D:D

Just funnin' with you.....always loved those bumpers ....lookin' goooood!!!!!

Took longer than that to grow them forbigpicture [ddd
His farm is on an island in the middle of a river. The Plymouth has been sitting since 61 and the rear was pretty far down in the dirt so he had to use a front loader to lift it up.
The dents are nothing that a good bumpers shop can't fix,but that's a ways down the road. :cool:
One of my favorite styles as well.
Torchie

Todays Project

Spent the afternoon fabing up some longer shackles for the rear of the truck.
Dropped it about 2-1/2". I have a set for the front coming from SoCal speed to drop the front as well. The front shackles use a square hole for the studs while the backs are just a round hole so i could make those.
We have the "Speed boat" stance going now.. Once I do the front we will be back closer to level.
Took me a while because the up and down off the floor stuff is hard on my leg.
Pics 1-2 show the before and after. Doesn't seem to look like much difference but it is.
Thanks for visiting......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 29
What?!? you ain't got no square drill bits???:rolleyes:

I broke those years ago smallfoot. Trying to put them in a round hole.......:rolleyes:

[cl You can tell how much difference by seeing the tuck of the tire :cool:

Yep OI it sits in there just right. Just got the mail and the front shackles from SoCal showed up.[cl Most likely my project for the weekend.
Torchie

You guys know how it is when you get some new parts. Just can't wait to get them installed.:D
New front shackles came today from SoCal speed. Was going to wait for the weekend to install them but had some help show up so we put them on today.[cl
Easy-peasy but I am going to have to replace the new front shocks with a shorter pair. I may be able to use these in the back.
First two pics show the before and after. 2" drop. Now the truck is once again pretty close to level.
Thanks for looking in.......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1681.jpg
    IMG_1681.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19