1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. All your hard work is paying off.[cl [cl [cl
Are the any rubber hood bumpers that fit into the inner top edge of the front fenders on that car?. If there are and they are not yet in place they may help with your hood alignment. If not you could fab some up. Nobody would ever notice them with the hood closed.
Torchie

There are some wedge shaped rubber bumpers that center to tailgate and lift gate. I think the same critters would work well on the hood, but it does not look like they had a place originally. The latch will probably hold the hood where it should be, but the bumpers would make the hood close better.

Wow, it looks good in the booth, can't wait to see it in the sun! [cl Excellent job DJ! [cl Wanna come do my Lincoln when you get yours all together?[ddd

Wow, it looks good in the booth, can't wait to see it in the sun! [cl Excellent job DJ! [cl Wanna come do my Lincoln when you get yours all together?[ddd

I'm going to wait a while to move it into the sun. It's on jack stands and I need to complete some work underneath and I want to let the clear get a good cure before I risk touching it.

I can't imagine doing a Lincoln. There is just too much real estate in those things! Besides, I'm expecting this to be a 20 footer, if it turns out to be a 10 footer I'll be more than happy, you're probably looking for an up closer.

You' d be surprised on the size. I bet there is probably not as much sheetmetal as the wagon, at least I know there's not as much flat and straight metal. Every piece is curved a bit, even the hood top and the front fenders have some curve to them. It will be a challenge to get it smooth no doubt, I'm just glad 99% of it is fine.

When are you planning on mating the body back to the frame? That is what I'm really looking forward to on yours. [P

You' d be surprised on the size. I bet there is probably not as much sheetmetal as the wagon, at least I know there's not as much flat and straight metal. Every piece is curved a bit, even the hood top and the front fenders have some curve to them. It will be a challenge to get it smooth no doubt, I'm just glad 99% of it is fine.

When are you planning on mating the body back to the frame? That is what I'm really looking forward to on yours. [P

The body mated with the frame in post #475, page 48. I really hope that everything -doors, fenders, hood, and tailgate are all on to stay.

I forgot about the wheel wells before I painted. They both have material that needs to be trimmed off the inside to add more clearance for the tires. I'm going to try to do that without messing up any paint. I'll probably tackle that tomorrow.

Maybe by mid week I'll have it outside.

Rained today so I did some work on the dash. I'm not sure which AC vent goes where - you'd think I would have marked them. The wiper switch wasn't completed during the mock up so I needed to make a spacer. The speaker grille/ storage compartment went together as planned. I still need to make mounts for the bulbs that illuminate the switch bezels.

IMG_1789.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1791.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1792.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fiddled with the AC vents most of the morning and finally got them in tight and flat. Everything else went in easily. Not sure what I'll be doing for knobs, but the Vintage Air ones will have to go.

IMG_1796.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1797.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I really like the Speedhut gauges
IMG_1798.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just went through most of this build and I must say that you have done an outstanding job on this car. Thank you for sharing all the goods and bads of this build.

Latest posts

Back