32 Pierce Arrow Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loooooong day. Started to make my doors....ugh....exhausting. The only way I could stretch them was to cut down the center of the main door and spread it apart and fill the gap with a section from the donor door. Let's face it, 34 4 doors are not meant to fit on a 32 2 door! A ton of thinking, even more swearing and I have the basic fit. The mig ran out of wire and honestly, I am too damn tired to change it out. Tomorrow is another day!

Attachments

• IMAG0562.jpg
    IMAG0562.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 124
I was going to change the belt line on the door, but I didn't want to take away from it...I do like both, so after a ton of looking, I realized that the high points on the door belt line are a bit higher than the body. So I think I may make some end pieces and feather the door lines into the body. (If that makes sense...)
I also have to make some rocker panels. The 34 doors are waaay shorter than the originals. [;)

Ok..it's been a looooong time! Just a few updates...started my floor bracing, got both doors scabbed in...used strap hinges with a few mods....got a rear end out of a 97 ram 2500 for $150!....got my motor and tranny mocked up and working on motor mounts as we speak. More pictures to come! Sorry it's been so long....working is for the birds!

Just snagged me some fairly new Lester 5" whitewall 7.50x16's...all 4 for $150! Just need to find rims now for them. ..

ok here's one for all you gurus out there....going through the motor for the 6v to 12v conversion...pretty straight forward. The problem I am having is that I am replacing the generator with an alternator....HOWEVER, the distributer is directly connected to the generator. wtf do I do now?! Do I really have to keep the generator at this point?....I'd rather not if possible. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like maybe a gear driven generator/distributor. All that means is that you need the generator there to drive the distributor. You can leave the wires off of the generator. Then you can add an alternator somewhere else for your charging needs.

Mechanically connected or wire connected? If it's just the wire, then no, I don't see where you would need the generator. If the generator is what turns the distributor, then yeah, you 'll probably have to keep it, the mechanical part anyway. You could still use the alternator for charging purposes.

Pics would help a bunch, as well as a better description...

/\ 8literbeater was thinking the same as I was, just typed it faster!

ok, sorry for the delay. Did some more research, talked to some old timers and the consensus is that I have to leave the generator, just don't wire it. It is mechanically mounted. I freaked out a bit and rushed to find the answer that I really could have figured out myself, but I had never seen anything like that before! Maybe later I will upload some pix of where my baby stands as of now. It's been a while since I posted anything on her. Thanks guys for all of your input!!

Latest posts

Back