'35 Ford 1 1/2 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made a platform to hold the radiator, and decided on sectioning for the grille 4 inches instead of 6.That puts me at 4 inches of ground clearance at the bottom of the grille.

got the grille sectioned today, didnt have enough bars to fill in the bottom section. maybe ill do a filler plate out of aluminum with speed holes.

For a minute there I thought you were going to put the winch in the hole! [cl

chopped the stainless trim and reinstalled it. Welded a bracket to the mustang radiator for the top support rods to connect to. next up is to make the grille mounts.[;)

Since I have a suicide front end with a short wheelbase, I had to get creative for the rad and grille mount. the rad is supported in the center, and these brackets will hold the grille on the sides. They will allow the shell to pivot forward for access to the rad cap. I really wanted to make the $80 mustang radiator work instead of an expensive hot rod radiator.

Those grill mounts look great! I really dig the idea of flipping the grill forward to access the radiator too. [cl

yeah, hot rod radiators are anywhere from 3-700 dollars. and the '32 style with the weird offset filler cap are kind of ugly anyways.

not a whole lot done today, reinforced the top of the shell and mounted the upper support rods. just mocked up with 3/8 allthread, the finished ones will be solid 1/2 stainless round that I got from the scrap pile at work. Going to grab a taurus electric fan setup from the junkyard tomorrow. After that, the front is coming all apart again, have to install the hydraulic throwout bearing setup that I got from speedway and hook up the hydraulic clutch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back