36 ford pickup w/ cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been a while since an update, my knee is feeling good again and i was on a vacation but now back to business. working on the drive tunnel and some other little things. few more pieces to weld in tomorrow night. also got the brake pedal installed that i had laying around out of a dart. everything still needs to cleaned up and ground down. the drive shaft tunnel is circular so i had room for the seats
100_1458.jpg

100_1459.jpg

100_1465.jpg

got the floor all done, stripped it back down to the frame and flipped it over. Finished all the welds on the underside, boxed in the corners, put some sliders in front of the motor mounts and starting to prime it now.
de2acc13.jpg

100_1466.jpg

100_1467.jpg

This truck has such a great, unique look to it. This is def. my favorite build on RRR right now. You got a lot done there Joe, glad you're feeling better.

got the frame all painted tonight. Use a rustoleum paint called hammer black, gives it a cool old and rippled look. should be able to start assembling tomorrow night.
100_1469.jpg

100_1471.jpg

crappy camera but you can kind of see how it looks
100_1470.jpg

thanks guys, im loving this hammered look too. ive never even heard of it till last week. i was hoping to have it painted this past weekend and re-assembled by today but went on a little trip saturday and sunday to pick up my dream car for the next project.

It seems like more and more people are using the hammered black for project frames. Actually i've never seen it used for anything else. Lookin' good, can't wait to see this thing in action.

ya next build, its a 72 barracuda i plan on putting an srt10 motor in. It will be a very long term project though.

[S you lost me once you said 72'. I normally stop listening at about mid 60's, But I do like good idas and good work on anything no matter what it is

it came in a can and brushed it on, its nice cause you dont see the brush marks once it drys

Coolio! That s what I wanted to know. I was thinking of using this stuff and cutting it with acetone through a gun. Does this stuff require primer first? Never used it. Thanks

[S you lost me once you said 72'. I normally stop listening at about mid 60's, But I do like good idas and good work on anything no matter what it is

im a muscle car guy at heart. I'm loving building the truck and it definitely wont be my last rat rod project for sure. Its a lot more fun and relaxing compared to my dart i built. theres some pics of it here http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18676

putting it back together for the final time. been doing a lot of little things like running lines and what not. Made the upper rad supports tonight and a block off plate so i could take off all the power steering and vacuum stuff.
100_1472.jpg

100_1473.jpg

started the wiring this week, got it set up enough tonight just to crank it over, luckily it did. Not worthy of pics since it looks like a rainbow spider web right now, but its a good feeling to see some life in it.

Latest posts

Back