36 ford pickup w/ cummins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its been a little slow lately cause i had surgery on my knee last week. im starting to walk on it good now. ill have an update with some pics later this week.

finally got my drive shaft done, couple little cuts and went right in. also got the radiator and shroud on, luckily its the one thing i didn't end up selling when i parted the truck out so just saved a couple hundred using it. going to run two rods from the cab to the top to the radiator for more support. the mounts look crappy now, i still have to cut them down, grind them down, and paint them black. lot of work for those two stupid pieces of angle iron.
100_1453.jpg

100_1456.jpg

100_1437.jpg

100_1438.jpg

100_1439.jpg

I feel let down. all the fab work has been great the whole way, then you make those radiator mounts. :D they look better then some I have seen on manufactured cars and i think they will hold up fine. the thing i hate the most is when I think I come up with a great idea then go through all the time to make it and at the end it looks like crap, so i through it to the side and start over. i have never seen a drive line over the floor before. I have seen drive line tunnels as high as the roof before, but them always cut out the d line. looks like it will work good. mind if I ask how much a drive line costs? my tbucket will only need one 20''-30'', but I have no idea what to expect on a price. i dont know if i can get one out of the wrecking yard for cheap and have it shortened or what. my other issue is I am running a Chevy slip yoke and a ford 9'', so I dont know if the cross is the same size ib the Chevy's' and the 9'' or not.

unfortunately the driveshaft was a pretty penny. needing the slip section, new u joints, new end yoke, the shaft its self, new tube yoke and being a miss match going from the cummins trans to a f350 rear plus labor was 650 and that was from someone i knew.

I was a rat rod at a show last week and he had the drive line tunnel about a foot higher then the floor. the tunnel looked like an exhaust heat cover with a lot of 1/2'' holes in the tunnel. his drive line was painted red and yellow stripes, so it spirals as it turns.

first time on the streets! got the steering all done so did a little testing on the street. it'll come together when the doors, grill, bed and other little things go on. its definitely going to be fun turning in tight spots at car shows and such.
DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

holly cow!!! one day it is sitting in the garage and know you are out driving. must feel great. now I have watched your build from start to now. you started with no frame and I started with a semi rolling frame at the same time you started. mine still isnt rolling.

i have to correct my previous comment, i didnt actually drive it haha. i was pushed down the street by a fork lift. I should be able to actually drive it though around the end of july.

Latest posts

Back