'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot diggity dog, we might get to see a video, right, right, right [dr
:eek: Hey, have you been moonlighting in my shop [S
Your shop looks like mine. I'll take the same angle pic of mine [cl
CNC Plasma is in the same place and blue lift with stickers :cool:

attachment.php

Hot diggity dog, we might get to see a video, right, right, right [dr
:eek: Hey, have you been moonlighting in my shop [S
Your shop looks like mine. I'll take the same angle pic of mine [cl
CNC Plasma is in the same place and blue lift with stickers :cool:

Yes I'll do a video of the event when it happens.
I guess great minds think alike when it comes to the shop. It works for me.

I got the filler pieces made for the space between the bed and the running boards in front of the rear fenders today.
All I lack on the bed now is putting a floor in it and lights. I gotta decide for sure what I'm going to do for a fuel tank before I do the bed floor tho.

On to something new tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 43
Not show quality by any means but thanks.
I keep thinking that it would just about be done if it wasn't for that paint thing.

Paint - talk about an elephant in the closet. Ya feel like you're at the finish line, but there is really a couple hundred hours left - a couple hundred that feels like a couple thousand. All the time you're working on it you're asking yourself "how good does it have to be?"

Then there's the sticker shock of when you buy all the abrasives, supplies, chemicals, primer, sealer.

Any how - It's looking great!

How Well I Know

Paint - talk about an elephant in the closet. Ya feel like you're at the finish line, but there is really a couple hundred hours left - a couple hundred that feels like a couple thousand. All the time you're working on it you're asking yourself "how good does it have to be?"

Then there's the sticker shock of when you buy all the abrasives, supplies, chemicals, primer, sealer.

As I've been told, "paint is way over rated"
After getting mine running i spend more time driving than sanding :eek:

Looks good pops [cl

You're not helping!!! I have a habit of dreading the process of some things to the point of talking myself out of it. I'm almost there on the paint job but I can't afford to have someone do it. I may just prime the bed and drive it for a while.

I told my bride that since she's the one that wants it painted she could pay to have it done. That may have been a mistake. Something about the sun not shining and putting something there. I don't know.

It's going to look great in color POPS. What color are you thinking about?
If your like me every time you look at it the color ideas will change.:D
I've narrowed mine down to 5 or 6 choices.[S [cl :D
Torchie

I've been down the show quality paint job and the leave it rusty look job.
If it had patina paint all over, I'd leave it.
If it had exposed metal I'd paint it (the whole vehicle)
I just wouldn't do the great paint job, with all the maintenance that goes along with it.
my2cents-300x236.jpg

Two tone-Dark gun metal grey and silver seems to be the choice right now.
I know what you mean on the 5 or 6 colors.

I like the sounds of your paint scheme. When mine gets paint, it'll be for some protection but shiny doesn't enter the equation...:D

Two tone-Dark gun metal grey and silver seems to be the choice right now.
I know what you mean on the 5 or 6 colors.

That's going to be a nice color combo POPS.
I need to make up my mind as my go to guy for paint keeps threatening to quit and if he goes, so does my special pricing.:eek:
He was telling me last week that he had to mix a gallon of Dark Blue paint for a fiberglass boat restoration and it was $500 for just the paint and the reducer.:eek::eek::eek:
And people wonder why some people like to use Rustoleum....:)
Torchie
ps. I might just take you up on the trade of a room for paint and body work.;)

Latest posts

Back