'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That first ride is just around the corner Pops, even if it's just around the corner...:D We'll be keeping the grandson in our thoughts!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Casey went home yesterday PM. He doing pretty good but still has a few unstable moments. Hopefully he'll get back to normal soon.

You know that I am sending good vibes to you and your family POPS.
Hope the shop time helps you keep sane.:)
Torchie

Shop time is the only thing that keeps me sane. My bride says I get extremely grumpy when I don't get it on a regular basis.

...........X2
Thanks for the thoughts.

That first ride is just around the corner Pops, even if it's just around the corner...:D We'll be keeping the grandson in our thoughts!

I just need the time to get my drive shaft welded up. I got the yokes, u-joints and tube sitting on the bench. My first test drive route is a 5 mile stretch of road east of my place. It's flat , straight, and wide open so you can see any unwanted attention coming.

Shop time is therapy for me. Quiet time with the Lord and progress on the ............LONG AWAITED DRIVE[P

AMEN BROTHER!!! At times I don't get a lot done but just sit in the middle of my messy haven. The scary part is I'm content and perfectly happy with my life. I don't have a deadline or target date so I just take it as it comes.

Pops, I've been tied up for several days and didn't see the post about your grandson.
Glad to hear he's back home. I pray the continued recovery goes smooth.
Won't be long now on the maiden voyage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pops, I've been tied up for several days and didn't see the post about your grandson.
Glad to hear he's back home. I pray the continued recovery goes smooth.
Won't be long now on the maiden voyage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Old Iron. He's getting better everyday.

The prayers and good thoughts are greatly appreciated.
It's amazing how kids can be so sick and in the hospital for 10 days and get back to semi normal in a matter of days.

It's harder than heck on parents and grand parents tho.

I spent 4 hours yesterday on the windshield frame. Getting ready for glass
and as usual the screws were rusted solid and all 8 broke off. Finally got the frame separated with out destroying it.
Tedious work to drill and retap 10-32 screw holes. but I did get it repaired and ready for glass. Got patterns made for front and rear glass. Should be ready
to pick it up Tuesday.

Got new 15" wheels to clear the front calipers so I need to get a couple of
tires mounted next week.

Drive shaft Monday, tires and glass Tuesday and drive it Wednesday. Hopefully!!

I put the doors and hood on today. Needed something other than 2 pcs. of 1" pvc pipe for hood props. So I made these. Simple but does the job.

As usual the best layed plans went to hello on my glass. I took templates to
the guy, told him I need 2 of the one marked windshield and one back glass.
And I wanted 3/16" added all the way around on all of them.

He cut 2 back glasses and 1 windshield pc. and didn't add the 3/16".

The guy that usually cuts my glass was sick so I took it to this guy.
Now I'm going to wait for Hank to do it Thursday. Told the other yahoo to
keep his glass and he wouldn't give me my templates. Like that is a big deal or
something.

Still haven't done the driveshaft and still haven't got front tires mounted.

Can't seem to get the flow going lately.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3685.jpg
    IMG_3685.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 43
Props on the hood props, Pops.

Then I see that smallfoot said it first. I thought I was being sooooo clever. Well, I guess I was. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back