'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish i had a ten mile stretch of road to run 95 smooth or not. [cl. Tried in NM in the 70's and got to donate to the NM Highway Patrol :mad:

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks Soltz. It's really turning out to be a fun little truck.
It's 38 miles between Belen and Socorro and if you hit it before 10:00 AM
it's pretty good bet you'll be ok. No guarantees tho.

Pops, I installed a steel floor taken out of a newer Chevy pickup into a 52 Chevy bed.
It turned out great.

"I got my tach mounted, new outside mirror brackets and mirrors mounted, and made a mount for the interior mirror. Should be safer changing lanes.
Replaced the rear end pinion seal and adjusted the rear brakes a little. "

That sounds like at least a weeks worth of work to me. Mirrors look great.

That's probably the first time in it's 68 years it has seen anything faster than 50 mph.

I seem to go in spurts. And no I'm not talking bout a prostrate issue. It was a good day for an old fart.

I had to chuckle when I went of my Serial Number inspection when the lady
commented on the 85 hp at 3500 rpm that's stamped on the tag. I think it's up a little from that.

Pops, I installed a steel floor taken out of a newer Chevy pickup into a 52 Chevy bed.
It turned out great.

That's a good idea. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

"I got my tach mounted, new outside mirror brackets and mirrors mounted, and made a mount for the interior mirror. Should be safer changing lanes.
Replaced the rear end pinion seal and adjusted the rear brakes a little. "

That sounds like at least a weeks worth of work to me. Mirrors look great.

That's probably the first time in it's 68 years it has seen anything faster than 50 mph.

I seem to go in spurts. And no I'm not talking bout a prostrate issue. It was a good day for an old fart.

I had to chuckle when I went of my Serial Number inspection when the lady
commented on the 85 hp at 3500 rpm that's stamped on the tag. I think it's up a little from that.

How the heck can it take 3 hours to install 2 three point seat belts?
I hate seat belts, I don't like wearing them, I don't like installing them, I don't
like looking at them but..... Caleb's mom said no seat belt no cruising. How narrow minded can you be? I thought I raised her better. She didn't wear one
half the time back in the day.

Now we got seat belts and a sealed roll out windshield.
And we went for a 2 hour cruise this afternoon.

Must have been sumpin in the weather...I actually woke up feeling better yesterday too. Ah, seat belts! I'd rather not be mandated to wear something for "my own good", but I put them in the 31 if for no other reason than when I get pulled by John Law he might give me a break for the effort. Here, we don't need to put them in vehicles that were not originally equipped. But hey, I got turn signals and brake lights in tandem too.
Hope you enjoyed the cruise! I enjoyed mine...

"How the heck can it take 3 hours to install 2 three point seat belts?"
I can't tell you that.
It took me 2.5 hours to install an accelerator pedal yesterday, by the time I fabbed a bracket that mounted to three Holley two barrels [S
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dennis Dukes.jpg
    Dennis Dukes.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 89
Must have been sumpin in the weather...I actually woke up feeling better yesterday too. Ah, seat belts! I'd rather not be mandated to wear something for "my own good", but I put them in the 31 if for no other reason than when I get pulled by John Law he might give me a break for the effort. Here, we don't need to put them in vehicles that were not originally equipped. But hey, I got turn signals and brake lights in tandem too.
Hope you enjoyed the cruise! I enjoyed mine...

We have the same here. His mom {my daughter} requires them so they're in there. I find myself enjoying this one a lot. It's really comfortable and rides nice. It also doesn't hurt that it's fast.

"How the heck can it take 3 hours to install 2 three point seat belts?"
I can't tell you that.
It took me 2.5 hours to install an accelerator pedal yesterday, by the time I fabbed a bracket that mounted to three Holley two barrels [S
attachment.php

Gotta love it Huh? It just takes us older guys longer to get started I think.
Carb linkage set up looks great. Nice work.

Put A little lipstick on the pig today, put the trim on the nose and burned up some more fuel. I see a pattern developing here. Drive in the cool of the morning and work on the little things in the afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 32
Nice touches, Pops!

Put A little lipstick on the pig today, put the trim on the nose and burned up some more fuel. I see a pattern developing here. Drive in the cool of the morning and work on the little things in the afternoon.

That looks great! "Lipstick on the pig." Hahaha! [cl

I hear ya on the drive in the morning thing, then work later (hopefully indoors?). 100 degrees tomorrow and going up all next week. Yeah, I'm into my vampire schedule. Might as well sleep during the day when it is too hot out. So, time for some work while it's 74 outside! (1AM) :D

I hear ya on the drive in the morning thing, then work later (hopefully indoors?). 100 degrees tomorrow and going up all next week. Yeah, I'm into my vampire schedule. Might as well sleep during the day when it is too hot out. So, time for some work while it's 74 outside! (1AM) :D

Naw, ya miss the bikini run....

"Made in the U.S.A." on the grille seems very unique. In '47 there weren't a lot of other choices. I can't think of another instance where I have seen it that prominently displayed. I would like to see that on modern car - probably no manufacturer can say that though.

Three hours to install the seat belts doesn't sound so bad. I'll be happy if it doesn't take 3 days.

"Made in the U.S.A." on the grille seems very unique. In '47 there weren't a lot of other choices. I can't think of another instance where I have seen it that prominently displayed. I would like to see that on modern car - probably no manufacturer can say that though.
Interesting comment DJ. I recall reading that in 2014 the car that was rated as the most "Built in America of American Parts" was the Toyota Avalon :eek:

I love it POPS. A little known fact is that the Dodge company invented the word "Dependability"in it's advertising campaigns for their trucks.
Torchie

Last edited:

Yep I think summer is finally going to arrive. I heard the other day that this was the wetest and coolest May we've had since 1947. I've really enjoyed
the weather this month.

Latest posts

Back