'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you won't do that again very soon. That looks way too painful. Rub yellow mustard on it and it will help the healing process. Don't ask how I know.:rolleyes:

I remember seeing that demo in high school - but the instructor used hot dogs instead of actual fingers.

I must have skipped school that day. I did that a lot.

Jeeesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, I had a weak feelin when I seen your finger.

I about peed my pants when it happened. Pain like I have never experienced.

Just cause I'm not builder active doesn't mean you have to take my place on the injury list POPS.:eek:
I got used to wearing gloves when grinding because I would rub my bare hand over the freshly ground area to feel for smoothness.[ddd
Take care......
Torchie

Seems like I do a lot of stupid things lately. You would think I would get smarter with age. Not the case. I hear it's safer to stay in the house under the air conditioner. I might try that next week.

That's not one of the words that crossed my mind! My mamma would not have been proud of what I was thinking.

That bed really looks sharp. :cool:
Thanks?[S

Nice parts, the finger not so much :eek:
We're having fun now!!

That finger looks nasty,I'll bet it hurts like a Bi@#h

That's putting it lightly. I've been told by a RN nurse friend not to drain the blister to avoid it getting infected. I don't think i'm going to be able follow that suggestion tho. My thinking is drain it so it can dry up and heal.

I bet you won't do that again very soon. That looks way too painful. Rub yellow mustard on it and it will help the healing process. Don't ask how I know.:rolleyes:

I hope I don't ever do that again! Never heard the mustard idea but if you say it works I'll give it a try.

Parts are piling up...

Just about got everything to build my 408 stroker motor. Still need to get the distributor, front damper and a 2500 stall torque converter.
It's been a while gathering parts. Everything will be new except the block and the lifter dog bones.

The finger has healed up so back in full swing.

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 20
I'm glad to hear the finger healed. I was wondering if it would be a major issue.

A couple dumb questions:

What is the round slotted thing under the ARP bolt package.
What is a 406? I know of 340's, 383's, 426's, 440's. But I have no idea where the 406 came from.

I'm glad to hear the finger healed. I was wondering if it would be a major issue.

A couple dumb questions:

What is the round slotted thing under the ARP bolt package.
What is a 406? I know of 340's, 383's, 426's, 440's. But I have no idea where the 406 came from.

That's the new flex plate for the torque converter under the bolts.
The 408 stroker is a 5.9 magnum (360) bored .030 over with a 4" stroke crankshaft resulting in a 6.7 liter motor. A big inch small block.

Yum, nice stockpile of goodies. :cool:

And my wallet is plumb empty as a result.

Finally got the machine work done. Next week is time to build this thing.

Then I get to build a 3406 Cat engine for my brothers Loader. Don't know how he talked me into that.

Probably cause I'm broke after buying all the parts for my Dodge. It's real close to twice as much to build a Mopar stroker compared to a Chevy.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 15
Yes but it won't be a chevy [cl

Amen brother! Chevy is cheaper but Mopar is Mo-better.

That 408 Mopar is gonna be really cool :cool:
Pops you cease to amaze me. Rebuilding a 3406 Cat engine [P[P[P

Thanks Old Iron. I'm kinda pumped to get the 408 built and installed. 500hp ought to really be fun in my little pick up.

I was in the heavy equipment repair business for 25 years. Untill every thing started going computerized. The 3406 is probably the most used Cat engine around.

I'm just glad I still have an overhead hoist to handle it.

Man, have times changed! I can remember when 500 hp was just a wet dream. Even if you got there, it wouldn't run on the street and even if it did you couldn't get it to the ground.

What does your truck weigh? Maybe 3000? Less? That seems like Hellcat territory. Your face is going to hurt from the perpetual grin.

Man, have times changed! I can remember when 500 hp was just a wet dream. Even if you got there, it wouldn't run on the street and even if it did you couldn't get it to the ground.

What does your truck weigh? Maybe 3000? Less? That seems like Hellcat territory. Your face is going to hurt from the perpetual grin.

It weighs 3640# with me and a full fuel tank. It will be fun for sure.
I still find it hard to believe you can build a small block to get 500hp on pump gas and still behave on the street. And there's more there if you go with aluminum heads and raise the compression.

It weighs 3640# with me and a full fuel tank. It will be fun for sure.
I still find it hard to believe you can build a small block to get 500hp on pump gas and still behave on the street. And there's more there if you go with aluminum heads and raise the compression.

We are all getting old......[ddd :D :D
That trucks going to be a screamer POPS.:cool: :cool:
Torchie

The fun has begun. I got started on the 408 finally. I've been worried about clearance for the longer stroke crank but every thing fit like a glove.

When they first came out with a stroker kit for a 5.9 magnum you had to notch the bottom of each cylinder to clear the rod bolts/nuts. These new rods are threaded for ARP bolts. Works great.

My support post mounted engine stand is solid a rock. I love it when things go right.

Currently my only problem is I forgot to order a cam thrust plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 14
We are all getting old......[ddd :D :D
That trucks going to be a screamer POPS.:cool: :cool:
Torchie

This getting old stuff is more painful than I expected. I guess you either get old or die. Making the best of what we've got is the new day to day objective for me.

I hope to have the new engine built and in by this time next month. I'm alot slower than I used to be.

Glad to hear from you Torchie. I hope things are going well for you.

Latest posts

Back