'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I t ' s a l i v e !!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got my engine fired up this morning. Dialed in and no leaks.
I love it when a plan comes together. Had a little trouble with the
Edelbrock electric fuel pump but I'm not going to use it anyways when
I install the motor in the truck. I'll probably run it a couple of hours
tomorrow after my root canal if I feel up to it.

Now I just need to pull the cab and get this money pit installed.

https://youtu.be/x2sghWxENhY

Last edited:
Sounds great POPS! [cl

Did your modified converter do the trick?

Thanks Doc. I'm stoked and can't wait to get it installed. It sounds good. If I wasn't so broke after this build, I would dyno it. I can't just can't make that happen right now tho.

The torque converter worked great after I got it gutted and welded back together. I put in a grease tube to lube the rear converter bushing. A couple of squirts of grease did the job.

FYI.... when cutting a converter apart on a lathe, don't stand directly in front of it!! I learned the hard way that when you get thru the weld there's going to be oil flying. I oiled me, the wall, the floor the lathe and the dog. It was kinda funny after I got over being PO'd.

My finished engine run stand.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 24
Went back a few pages looking for the converter info - couldn't find anything. This is completely off my radar, I don't remember hearing of anyone modifying a converter. Why did you cut it apart and what happens next?

Good luck on the root canal.

Went back a few pages looking for the converter info - couldn't find anything. This is completely off my radar, I don't remember hearing of anyone modifying a converter. Why did you cut it apart and what happens next?

Good luck on the root canal.

It was in a separate thread in the drive train section. Basically I was afraid the converter would build too much heat without lubrication in the empty transmission case. So I gutted it and welded it back together. The starter ring gear is on the converter not the flex plate so I had to have the converter to run the engine.

I'm not looking forward to the root canal at all.

Cool video link Pops. Hope the root canal worked out ok

Fine sounding motor Pops!!![cl

Thanks guys.. It's going to be fun when I get time to install it. I've got three hunts to go on in November and December plus the holidays family stuff so it may be next year before I get it in.

The root canal was a whole lot of fun! Just like I thought it was gonna be!!!!!!!!!!! But it does feel better so I guess it was worth it.

I should have been a dentist. They sure charge a arm and a leg for their services.

The sticker shock is to take your mind off the pain in your mouth:D;)

It almost worked but not quite.

I think that's the smoothest running engine with open exhaust I've ever heard.

Thanks Old Iron. I stuck a set of glass packs on it while I was running it in Monday. It makes me smile just listening to it.

I need to stick a 180* thermostat in in and it will be good to go..

Latest posts

Back